Not-So Random Restart Issue

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Greetings All! I'm not sure how long this has been occurring, but my Razr has a tendency to restart when switching from portrait to landscape. Most often it occurs in the morning when I check my email while laying in bed. Usually I just tilt my phone sideways (in landscape with one long edge of the phone resting on my bedside table) and swipe the notification bar to access my email client (which is still in portrait because the ICS launcher only runs in portrait unless connected to a dock). As soon as I try to access my email, my phone will freeze up and a few seconds later it will restart. This also happened when recently opening 'Bad Piggies'. While I am rooted, I've done nothing beside the SQlite Hack to enable the wifi-hotspot and I am running the stock launcher.

Any feedback or suggestions? Maybe someone else is having the same issue? Thanks!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I would assume you did the simulated battery pull? Star wars angry birds?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
On a serious note mine (razr maxx) seems to have trouble "waking up", after it wakes up all seems fine. The first thing I do is √ emails but it doesn't want to rotate the screen.

OP
Lars

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would assume you did the simulated battery pull? Star wars angry birds?

I had actually forgotten about the simulated battery pull. I will give that a try and see if the issue continues. Fortunately, it only happens once every few weeks, but enough to make me wonder what the hell is wrong.