Color static screen and constant reboot

octopus65

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
holding down volume and then power I can get into a menu to reboot, recover, re set to factory and a couple other options. Tried all of them, factory reset by mistake, and nothing happens. just returns to droid reboot screen and locks up there. There has to be something I can do

octopus65

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Got to speak to Level 2 tech support at Motorola. Got me into a screen using the volume up/down and power button. I used all options even the factory reset by mistake and nothing happened. Just back to the Droid screen. Next, letting battery die for 48 hours and plug in

octopus65

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, I'm still pulling for you. Like I said, don't trash that phone. Flash RAM can keep data for something like between 5 and 10 years as indicated by general concensus. If between now and a couple years from now you can find a duplicate of your phone real cheap from eBay, one of us here or somewhere else may be willing/able to desolder the SD card on the failed board and supplant it onto the new one. Of course, there is no guarantee it will work, but that's your best shot, I believe.
Posted a couple responses. Sorry, forgot to use the reply button

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, still pulling for you. I wish there was something I could do. I don't like that people lose prescious memories on their phones. It's a shame.

octopus65

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
computer phone geek says no "Root" developed yet for 4.4.4 so unable to get into the program to determine if any data is salvageable