droid 2 global static rolling screen issues

secluded

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just got my Droid 2 global in july and pretty much use it constantly. Recently there's been a strange intermittent problem. I don't even know how to accurately describe it, but... while I am using my phone, sometimes the screen starts sliding up. The whole screen, background and all. It scrolls up slowly and a gray static with a green line begins to appear at the bottom, as if the background is being pulled up and there is only static underneath. I can sort of still use the screen, but even though the icons start scrolling up, it only works if I touch where they once were. Luckily the static has ever only gone up about halfway. In order to fix it, all I have to do is turn off the screen for a few seconds, and it is back to normal when I turn it back on. I don't think there's a common pattern as to when or why it occurs... maybe once every few days. I don't have anything strange installed on my phone, just some common apps. Anyone have any ideas? Its kind of scary and im afraid it may be a hardware issue that will get worse. Thanks for your help.

Http://www.deludedrambling.com