Droid Maxx 2 static screen on startup and when on

WarmBanana

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
Recently my Droid Maxx 2 has been acting up when I power it on. It has been having static screens when powering on and when on, so I am unable to see the screen. Help please.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum.

I would recommend two things first

1.) Clear the cache partition. This does not delete any user data, just cached files and can sometimes clear up minor annoying bugs. Instructions are below:

Clear Cache Partition

2.) If you still notice the issue run the phone in Safe Mode. Similar to a Win PC Safe Mode will load only the core apps (mostly) and will not load apps you installed from the Play Store. It helps to determine if a Play Store app is causing the issue or problem. Instructions are below:

Restart in Safe Mode - DROID MAXX 2 BY MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
WarmBanana

WarmBanana

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
I am unable to see my screen so how am I supposed to choose options?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good point, I didn't fully catch the part that the screen is completely static and not usable. In that case I'm honestly not sure what you can do. Connecting it to a PC isn't going to help retrieve your pics & other files since you need the screen to tap the USB Connected notification to select File Transfer mode. Are there any phone repair shops in your area? Maybe get a quote on a screen replacement repair? And that's assuming that it is just a faulty screen / digitizer and not the motherboard going bad.

OP
WarmBanana

WarmBanana

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx 2
Thank you, I will see if there is a repair shop or try to get a quote.

You were of much help.