rooting problems - constant reboot loop

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Followed sbensons directions to a T I think. Unlocked with no problems, ran install-superboot-windows.bat. It gave me downloading 'boot.img' ...OKAY then booting...OKAY Well now it does that constantly. It never did sucessfully reboot - had to do a battery pull after about 10 minutes. That was when the reboot cycle started. The phone had already updated to 4.02 did that do anything? Also I get constant errors that drivers suddenly are not properly installed (they were bofore! It shows up in device manager as Galaxy. Several weird names drivers appears as missing then go away. Now have dead phone-SOBS LOUDLY. Can I get it back to factory so i can try again? Help! (It will still boot into bootloader with the start screen.

PS - on each reboot it goes to google screen than the flashy colored stuff then says upgrading android 6-6 then new screen starting applications then -reboot

Last edited:
OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
OK apparently no one is around that can help at the moment CRY - so i just tried to boot into recovery mode - it goes to a dead android with a red triangle with an exclamation point on it!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK apparently no one is around that can help at the moment CRY - so i just tried to boot into recovery mode - it goes to a dead android with a red triangle with an exclamation point on it!

That is stock recovery hit the hour glass or search key if you have one and then hit apply update from SD. I am not sure at the moment but seems your needing to reapply or update from SD...try that ...may be different button on that device..

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i had a similar situation happen to me earlier today. see if this works, boot into recovery you will see the "dead android" press the volume up and power button at the same time to reveal the recovery. do a wipe data/factory reset, it takes a while to run through so be patient. once its done the phone will reboot its self let me know if that helps you.

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
i had a similar situation happen to me earlier today. see if this works, boot into recovery you will see the "dead android" press the volume up and power button at the same time to reveal the recovery. do a wipe data/factory reset, it takes a while to run through so be patient. once its done the phone will reboot its self let me know if that helps you.

No that is what takes me to the black screen with a dead android with the red triangle on him. No menu choices on that screen

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
No that is what takes me to the black screen with a dead android with the red triangle on him. No menu choices on that screen
okay try this step by step:

1. Hold Power+volume up+volume down
2. Use Power down to scroll to Recovery then hit power
3. Use the power+volume up to get into actual recovery menu
4. wipe your data/factory reset.

let me know if this helps any.

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
okay try this step by step:

1. Hold Power+volume up+volume down
2. Use Power down to scroll to Recovery then hit power
3. Use the power+volume up to get into actual recovery menu
4. wipe your data/factory reset.

let me know if this helps any.
The always takes me a dead android with that damn red triangle with the ! in it - no menu ever appears
Opps It did that time! hang on a sec until i try it

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
ok i hit that - should that take a long time? itwaid wiping data and now formatting data... and is just sitting there

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Man I wish I was 20 again with good eyesight - that print in recovery is always so tiny...

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Wow it looks like you are a life savor! I am at the welcome screen - likely got a lot to redo but it booted and is still unlocked. You are da man!!! 100000000 thanks.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I think it will now be a lot more fun. Not sure I will attempt to root it at least tonight. It is getting late here.

I recommend downloading the superboot files again and placing the newly downloaded install-superboot-windows.bat file in the root folder on your C:/ directory. You may have a corrupt file, this was the case with others having issues with rooting. Glad you got everything else sorted though.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Glad to see you recovered. The suport is awesome on here!!!!!