Screwed Up Royally.. Phone constantly rebooting

pmgreen

Reaction score
OK, so I got a little "cocky" and flashed to another ROM. Apparently it wasn't capability with Rezound as it didn't boot. When I tried to boot into recovery, only could select Hboot. That lead to a loop. Took out the memory card, the SIM chip, battery, cover all to no avail. I finally got Scott's rom that was working back on the phone. But still having issues, the phone constantly reboots. I get to the home screen and/or lock screen it works but then freezes and resets. I no longer have the ability to boot into recovery. When I connect to the MAC (or PC) it says charging only.

When able tried a factory reset but that didn't do anything, I can no longer get to that screen. Did a nandroid backup before playing around with the new ROM but can't figure out how to get to it.

HELP... need your help pretty please :hail:

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
I was trying to flash the ROM. Now have the ROM that worked on the phone, but in a constant loop. When I hold volume down and power it goes to the white screen, but only hboot is highlighted, not able to select anything else. I tried getting into "safe mode" it loads, but restarts.

Any magic to try?

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
I didn't do anything different this morning than last nite, but the phone came back to life. I restored the nadroid backup and it appears to be working. Though getting an error about the SIM card after a reboot.

Don't know what I did wrong when trying to flash or if the ROM just wasn't compatible. Thanks as always

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You probably didn't flash the kernel when you flashed the new ROM, that's why when you went to the backup everything worked again. Unless you're S-Off, you have to flash the ROM and kernel, not just the ROM. If you're not sure, see the thread in my sig about flashing ROMs

OP
P

pmgreen

Reaction score
I was trying to flash to Nils' Business ICS 4.0.4 Sense 4.0 (Evita Leak) before I found out BT doesn't work. I thought the kernel was in the Aroma Installer, but clearly goofed.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as I know only Scott packages the kernel in the installer. I could be wrong there, but you're always safe flashing the kernel manually.