CM 6.1 issue? or something I did wrong?

andro

Reaction score
I have just recently started delving into my d1 true ability and rooted. I started with CM 6.0 and have really been enjoying it. I followed the rooting instructions on cyanogenmod wiki and used ROM Manager to dl CM 6.0 I saw 6.1 stable out tonight and used RM to dl and apply. I did backup and wipe. Once booted up in 6.1 my wifi setting did not restore and when I manually entered my SSID it would not connect. After waiting about an hour I was also noticing the market was not dl any of my previous apps, I was however synced with my El Goog accounts.

Any Thoughts? I ended up restoring to 6.0 and everything is back working.

Thanks !!

naman919

Reaction score
i expect it to be pulled as the "stable" version. There have been reports, myself included, of bootlooping during install and several bugs that must have been overlooked.

Looks like you found another one. I found i could get it to install but loading a P3Droid kernel to overclock it would result in a bootloop. Slayer kernels have been reported to bootloop too.

I'm bummed. the 5 minutes i had with it were great. I loved the new notification dropdown with the power widget embedded into it.

superglen99

Reaction score
I have none of the issues you guys are talking about. Even using slayer 250-1000 kernal via Rom manager

OP
A

andro

Reaction score
tried again

tonight i dl from cyanogenmod website and used clockwork to push CM6.1 manually rather than using RM. so far i have not had any issues connecting to my home wifi (it had my SSID loaded, i did not need to enter anything) and the market is auto dl all of my apps..

captdroid

Reaction score
tonight i dl from cyanogenmod website and used clockwork to push CM6.1 manually rather than using RM. so far i have not had any issues connecting to my home wifi (it had my SSID loaded, i did not need to enter anything) and the market is auto dl all of my apps..

Yep ROM manager download is no good... always use clockworkmod and install download from pc :)