HOLY CRAP I need help with roms Please Help

laxbro

Reaction score
ok so i am new to the forums my names Lucas by the way and i have a huge problem.

so I rooted my incredible the other day and thought i knew it all and proceeded to download cyanogen 6.0 . So it got stuck at boot mode so i cleared storage and it worked.

so than i got cocky and tried downloading the theme tang from rom mangaer and i DID CHECK WIPE DATA AND CLEAR CACHE AND BACKUP CURRENT ROM. So it got stuck it boot and now my phone wont work at all. I tried recovering with clockwork but it just shows the clock with the detective hat on for hours on end. When i turn the phone on its stuck at the cyanogenmod screen.

So please any help at all is greatly apprciated and mods feel free to move this if it is in the wrong area.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot while holding down power button and 'x', once in recovery go to nandroid and restore your backup.

Sent from my Droid

OP
L

laxbro

Reaction score
I have the incredible and there is no nandroid option anywhre

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
What recovery are you using?

Oh yeah, sorry, missed the part where you said you have an inc. someone will be along to tell you how to boot onto recovery.

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score
Then sorry, you need to flash your phone back to stock with a file that I think is called a .sbf or .spf I don't know exactly because mine is called UPDADTA.APP for some reason. Anyway, find that file for you phone and it will think it's an update but what it really does is make it go back to stock. You do this through recovery. I really hope this helps..

Sent from my M860 using DroidForums App

OP
L

laxbro

Reaction score
yes i pressed volume down and power button and when i go to recovery i see clockworkmod recovery 3 00 5

OP
L

laxbro

Reaction score
Then sorry, you need to flash your phone back to stock with a file that I think is called a .sbf or .spf I don't know exactly because mine is called UPDADTA.APP for some reason. Anyway, find that file for you phone and it will think it's an update but what it really does is make it go back to stock. You do this through recovery. I really hope this helps..

what do i do once i find the file?

OP
L

laxbro

Reaction score
o yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i think i got it thank you guys so much

Reaction score

what do i do once i find the file?

You need to do a hard factory reset when the file is in your sd card. For me it's different from the buttons to get into clockwork. But I have no idea what it is for your phone because I have a Huawei Ascend. But it un-packs the data for your phone and then it will be stock again, that means you need to root again. But If you can't find the file maybe someone else's Nandoid Backup will work for you..

OP
L

laxbro

Reaction score
In clockwork mod recovery I was using the volume button instead of the trackball to select so I couldn't recover. I recovered and got cm7 and love it btw what is a kernel

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App