Help! Please!

bickler

Reaction score
So I have rooted my Incredible with Lithium mod from the Rom Manager download rom area, everything worked like planned...stupid me went to download a new kernal and must of got a bad one. The touch screen is unresponsive but can get to the set up of the phone (the part the says touch android to begin) Also thought I had a backup to recover into...and its not there. I have tried to go into clear storage and factory reset and the phone sits there black with 2 white edges, I understand it takes time for these things but I sat it there for 15 min and nothing changed. I have no idea what else to do. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. All help appreciated. Thank you.

Sorry for bad grammar up at 630am STILL and wanted to get this posted before going to sleep. Thanks again!

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get into recovery and wipe data and cache. Then re flash the rom. Don't reflash this kernel though.

OP
B

bickler

Reaction score
See I am trying to do that but at a stand still. I can get to the white screen with the 4 skateboarders on the bottom but dont know what to do from there to flash a new rom because selecting recovery from there just turns the screen black with white edges.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Argh. No fun. You'll need to fix your recovery first then. Have a card reader?

OP
B

bickler

Reaction score
I do but I would need to to buy the adapter to get the little one to read on my computer.

OP
B

bickler

Reaction score
Thanks I will pick that up after work tonight. Thank you for the help. Hopefully this does the trick

Xerrus

Reaction score
Okay so, Bickler and myself are here sitting at my computer doing exactly as your how-to guide said. We pulled the SD card from the Incredible, formatted it to FAT32 as directed, put the zip you on the SD card as directed, changed it's name and we end up at one of two scenarios:

1.) we click "yes" to the update and "yes" to reboot. When we reboot it the Lithium MOD opening screen and proceeds to ask us to set up our system, great!...except the touch screen is still a no go. No touch responsiveness what so ever.

2.) We click "yes" to update and "no" to reboot and boot into clockwork recovery. From there we're not sure where to go, we tried clicking Wipe Data/Factory Reset and that boots the phone into just a black screen, where it's currently been sitting at for close to twenty mins...guessing that's not what we want. An alternate way tried from clockwork is simply pressing "reboot" while in clockwork and it brings us to the same result: black screen, no changes after much time waiting.

So, advice? going on day 2 without phone is getting rough for Bickler :-(

Xerrus

Reaction score
Okay update, we were able to actually pick options and make it to separate menus in clockwork now, just had to wait a bit for it for some reason. We try reboot now and it brings us back to a full reboot, but still in Lithium MOD with no touchscreen responsiveness.

We tried Factory Reset and it at leasts does it's thing, but still upon reboot the same thing as above. Under Mounts and storage we saw format system as an option, would this be something we should consider formatting and then running your zip file as a possible way to get rid of Lithium Mod?

Xerrus

Reaction score
Alright, We downloaded sky raider ROM and wiped data / cache and installed it from the SD card via clockwork. Apparently it worked!!!! The touch screen is back to full working order and he has a spiffy rom as an end result!

Thanks for your attention and help on everything

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry I am so late to the party here. I thought lithummod had a kernel that was designed for the Inc, but maybe I was wrong. Was and excellent choice to go to a sense based rom to get it booting again. AOSP roms usually require another kernel for these SLCD screens.

Look for koush's test2 kernel to flash over AOSP roms.

And great work figuring it out on your own.

OP
B

bickler

Reaction score
Thank you again Doug for all of your help. Now I did want to ask something however. We only flashed Skyraider because the zip you had us download doesn't seem to be unzipping. If you load it from the Sd card through recovery it downloads but pretty much instantly sends you back to the previous screen. I am wanting to go back to 100% stock so if you could offer me a walk through or if I am missing a simple step somewhere I was under the thought that PB31IMG was the stock software. If I am mistaken maybe you can lead me the right way. Thank you.

doodles4u

Reaction score
Help

:icon_ banana:Ok....have a motorola android 3g. I hope the questions I am fixing to ask are dumb and easily explained. 1. Where the heck is the view fineder....lol...I can only take pictures of myself....yuck! 2. How do I erase an older cell number or how can I update it???? 3. Some way I can get the big clock to show and sometimes I can't. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!
And thanks very very much in advance