Cm 5.0.8 wow

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Though I have only been running it a short time now Ive been running it with chevy's UlowV 1.2 kernel & I am Very impressed with it snappyness, but for me its usually the 2nd day things start acting up, if they do.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
CHANGELOG

* Common: Resync with Google as of 06/08/2010
* Common: Kernel 2.6.34 for DS & N1
* Common: ADWLauncher 0.8.6 by Ander Webbs is now the default launcher (AnderWeb's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Complete music app overhaul (with gestures support) by Eliot Stocker (eliotstocker's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Customizable silent mode - Glenn Maynard (zewt's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: More customizable colors for various parts of the system (in Spare Parts) - Wysie & Bcrook
* Common: Updated translations from Eug89, ThiasB, and Takuo Kitame
* Common: Wired headset hangup/mute control - Krazy Krivda (krazykrivda's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Updated USB tether and Bluetooth PAN tethering - Stefan Tomanek (wertarbyte's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Bluetooth DUN tether support (Omni-Tether) - Stefan Tomanek (wertarbyte's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Various minor bugfixes
* Common: Ability to load custom color theme xml - Wysie
* Common: Various code cleanups all throughout the source - Christian Mehlmauer
* Common: Fix issue where notifications would play thru the HW speaker even if a headset was connected - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Only load IPV6 if persist.net.ipv6 is set - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Enabled experimental Bluetooth voice dialing - copolii
* Common: Fix an NPE in AccountManagerService
* Common: Fix FLAC decoder lock contention - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Fix BlueZ logging - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Fix A2DP not connecting while asleep - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Fix BT control connection race condition (caused A2DP connection failures) - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Fix the "magic music" or "party-in-your-pocket" problem for good - Glenn Maynard
* Common: ADW Launcher settings and Spare Parts are now under the main Settings app - Mehdi ABAAKOUK (sileht's Profile - GitHub)
* Common: Fix brightness going out of range - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Fix parsing of SMS messages from short numbers - Glenn Maynard
* Common: Improve BiDi text rendering - Dudy Kohen
* Common: Fix WindowManagerService issue that could cause apps to get OOM killed out of order
* Common: Busybox updated to 1.16.2 - Dylan Simon

jbg25

Reaction score
Glad you posted that PD....I was just going to check for the log when I noticed the cyanogenmod site was down.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
This seems like quite an awesome update, I think the froyo leaks really screwed this release though. froyo is just too much of an upgrade, at least for me. I really really reaeeeeealllly can't wait to switch back when my phone can proudly boot froyo under the CM name =)

google come on get a move on already, wasn't their an article that froyo is already being shipped on south korean android phones? lets get that code out...

Samurai26

Reaction score
This seems like quite an awesome update, I think the froyo leaks really screwed this release though. froyo is just too much of an upgrade, at least for me. I really really reaeeeeealllly can't wait to switch back when my phone can proudly boot froyo under the CM name =)

+1, can't wait to put Froyo CM on my Droid!!!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are nexus ones that ARE going to be shipped with froyo in SK, but that isn't happening already, is it?

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
CM 5.0.8 Comments & Theme

I after downloading 5.0.8 for some reason deciced i wanted to see what all the hype about 2.2 was, so I dropped in Jrummys, now I Must say I was impressed & there was nothing wrong with it, but several of my most frequently used apps are not compatible with froyo, so I went right back to CM 5.0.8 & im glad i did, my phone haz never ran smoother & im kernel obsessed, always trying to find the best performing one, & so far every kernel i have thown at it, have all worked flawlessly.

Prior to installng the previous CM I was running stock rooted with the black glass theme which i loved, so out of curiosity i began to apply each metamorph black glass file individually & so far all have applied without hitch, but i have not tried to apply the framework file yet, but im backing everything up soon as im done typing this & trying it.

VitsDroid

Reaction score

+1, can't wait to put Froyo CM on my Droid!!!

+1 hear too

I love how Cyanogen is so pure in most cases and lets it self be so customizable

joshmutiny

Reaction score
I was impressed with 5.0.8, too. However, I also wanted to see what all the hype about froyo was. Can't go back now. Real-time java, incredible battery use, flash, etc... it's great. However, once there's a CM with a froyo base, I WILL switch :)

supahrob

Reaction score
Also posted this on another forum (I find that between the two, I usually get answers pretty quick, sorry if you already read this)

Heya everyone! I think I have tried nearly all of the ROMS so far, and I believe I will be "comming home" to Cyanogen now. I dunno why, but somehow "built from source" makes me feel safer... even though I am not entirely sure what that means vs. NOT built from source lol. I mean, I understand the basic concept - but I aint sure why it matters - but somehow it makes me feel better. Anyway, thats not one of my questions.

I am almost obsessively concerned with battery life. I briefly used 2.2, and tried Chev's ULV kernel and really liked the results. What kernels are people finding gives the best battery live with 0.8?

I also like blue and/or black themes for my droid. But I have been reading that themes cause some problems. Are there any dark (blue or black) themes for 0.8 that DON'T cause problems?

I read through this entire thread and didn't really see an answer to these questions. I am eagerly awaiting any help - I want to flash RIGHT NOW... but I am holding off for an answer or two first.

Thanks for your indulgence

Take care,
Rob

P.S. - oh - one more thing (at least for now). I have a titanium backup from BB1.1 - will it cause issues if I restore this after I install 0.8?

Take care,
Rob

B

budmonster

How can I make sure that swap, compcache and all that stuff is working correctly and enabled? I used RM to partition my sdcard (ext&swap), then I used Spare Parts (in Settings) to enable compcache. I'm not really familiar with these, I'm just trying to optimize my phone to the max and utilize everything that CM put into 5.0.8.

Thanks guys.

bigsal82

Reaction score
Anyone know if i can flash Cm 5.0.8 since im running Froyo right now.. i like it and all but battery isnt as good as CM.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone know if i can flash Cm 5.0.8 since im running Froyo right now.. i like it and all but battery isnt as good as CM.
just did it 10 minutes ago, running ok and all my apps are syncing now