Cm 5.0.8 wow

Discussion in 'Koush' started by hrdnhvy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Though I have only been running it a short time now Ive been running it with chevy's UlowV 1.2 kernel & I am Very impressed with it snappyness, but for me its usually the 2nd day things start acting up, if they do.

2. Samurai26

Samurai26 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is CM 508 a froyo build?

3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    nope. 2.1 based (from notes, it states code pulled from google as late as 6/8)

4. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    CHANGELOG

* Common: Resync with Google as of 06/08/2010
    * Common: Kernel 2.6.34 for DS & N1
    * Common: ADWLauncher 0.8.6 by Ander Webbs is now the default launcher (AnderWeb's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Complete music app overhaul (with gestures support) by Eliot Stocker (eliotstocker's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Customizable silent mode - Glenn Maynard (zewt's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: More customizable colors for various parts of the system (in Spare Parts) - Wysie & Bcrook
    * Common: Updated translations from Eug89, ThiasB, and Takuo Kitame
    * Common: Wired headset hangup/mute control - Krazy Krivda (krazykrivda's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Updated USB tether and Bluetooth PAN tethering - Stefan Tomanek (wertarbyte's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Bluetooth DUN tether support (Omni-Tether) - Stefan Tomanek (wertarbyte's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Various minor bugfixes
    * Common: Ability to load custom color theme xml - Wysie
    * Common: Various code cleanups all throughout the source - Christian Mehlmauer
    * Common: Fix issue where notifications would play thru the HW speaker even if a headset was connected - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Only load IPV6 if persist.net.ipv6 is set - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Enabled experimental Bluetooth voice dialing - copolii
    * Common: Fix an NPE in AccountManagerService
    * Common: Fix FLAC decoder lock contention - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Fix BlueZ logging - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Fix A2DP not connecting while asleep - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Fix BT control connection race condition (caused A2DP connection failures) - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Fix the "magic music" or "party-in-your-pocket" problem for good - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: ADW Launcher settings and Spare Parts are now under the main Settings app - Mehdi ABAAKOUK (sileht's Profile - GitHub)
    * Common: Fix brightness going out of range - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Fix parsing of SMS messages from short numbers - Glenn Maynard
    * Common: Improve BiDi text rendering - Dudy Kohen
    * Common: Fix WindowManagerService issue that could cause apps to get OOM killed out of order
    * Common: Busybox updated to 1.16.2 - Dylan Simon

5. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you posted that PD....I was just going to check for the log when I noticed the cyanogenmod site was down.

6. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This seems like quite an awesome update, I think the froyo leaks really screwed this release though. froyo is just too much of an upgrade, at least for me. I really really reaeeeeealllly can't wait to switch back when my phone can proudly boot froyo under the CM name =)

google come on get a move on already, wasn't their an article that froyo is already being shipped on south korean android phones? lets get that code out...

7. Samurai26

Samurai26 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1, can't wait to put Froyo CM on my Droid!!!

8. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are nexus ones that ARE going to be shipped with froyo in SK, but that isn't happening already, is it?

9. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CM 5.0.8 Comments & Theme

I after downloading 5.0.8 for some reason deciced i wanted to see what all the hype about 2.2 was, so I dropped in Jrummys, now I Must say I was impressed & there was nothing wrong with it, but several of my most frequently used apps are not compatible with froyo, so I went right back to CM 5.0.8 & im glad i did, my phone haz never ran smoother & im kernel obsessed, always trying to find the best performing one, & so far every kernel i have thown at it, have all worked flawlessly.

Prior to installng the previous CM I was running stock rooted with the black glass theme which i loved, so out of curiosity i began to apply each metamorph black glass file individually & so far all have applied without hitch, but i have not tried to apply the framework file yet, but im backing everything up soon as im done typing this & trying it.

10. VitsDroid

VitsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 hear too

I love how Cyanogen is so pure in most cases and lets it self be so customizable

11. joshmutiny

joshmutiny Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was impressed with 5.0.8, too. However, I also wanted to see what all the hype about froyo was. Can't go back now. Real-time java, incredible battery use, flash, etc... it's great. However, once there's a CM with a froyo base, I WILL switch :)

12. supahrob

supahrob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also posted this on another forum (I find that between the two, I usually get answers pretty quick, sorry if you already read this)

Heya everyone! I think I have tried nearly all of the ROMS so far, and I believe I will be "comming home" to Cyanogen now. I dunno why, but somehow "built from source" makes me feel safer... even though I am not entirely sure what that means vs. NOT built from source lol. I mean, I understand the basic concept - but I aint sure why it matters - but somehow it makes me feel better. Anyway, thats not one of my questions.

I am almost obsessively concerned with battery life. I briefly used 2.2, and tried Chev's ULV kernel and really liked the results. What kernels are people finding gives the best battery live with 0.8?

I also like blue and/or black themes for my droid. But I have been reading that themes cause some problems. Are there any dark (blue or black) themes for 0.8 that DON'T cause problems?

I read through this entire thread and didn't really see an answer to these questions. I am eagerly awaiting any help - I want to flash RIGHT NOW... but I am holding off for an answer or two first.

Thanks for your indulgence

Take care,
    Rob

P.S. - oh - one more thing (at least for now). I have a titanium backup from BB1.1 - will it cause issues if I restore this after I install 0.8?

Take care,
    Rob