clueless and could use some help!

bambih8tr

Reaction score
Ok so seriously,ive owned like 6 smartphones and i havent the slightest clue what all the talk about rooting and hacking your phone means???anyone wanna bring this farm boy up to date and explain what it all means and what gains or losses it may accomlish?? Itd be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance for any info

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well rooting gives you super user access. So that gives you a lot more options when doing things.

Some hacking such as installing custom ROMs are intended to bring new features or bring stability.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B

bambih8tr

Reaction score
So basically if i was to do both root/hack my bionic it would a whole new world of user interface and customization....sounds awesome!now is there a how root/hack for dummies guide to get me started??

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So basically if i was to do both root/hack my bionic it would a whole new world of user interface and customization....sounds awesome!now is there a how root/hack for dummies guide to get me started??

Bionic hacking section should have some guides.

As for a whole new UI depends on what ROMs are available for the Bionic. Some ROMs like MIUI do offer some cool new UI features.

OP
B

bambih8tr

Reaction score
Bionic hacking section should have some guides.

As for a whole new UI depends on what ROMs are available for the Bionic. Some ROMs like MIUI do offer some cool new UI features.

i have heard that blurred is an awesome rom that works great on the bionic,so im thinking thatll be my starting point...this is a whole new ballgame for me,i used to building up cars and harleys...so as the title says "clueless" lol