Some really bad issues

altimax98

Reaction score
Ok I need some help... I dont post threads like this too often, but its getting out of hand. Now before I start, I want to say that the UD .8-2.1 are awesome roms. Excellent quality and I dont care about what everyone says about cm and ud, I just dont care lol... UD is a great rom builder....

That said, I have a major issue, now its not only UD its also shown up on CM6 RC4, UD1.0, UD2.0 & UD2.1...

Heres my issue:
I have Constant loss of home app, as well as crashes when turning my screen off. When I say constant, I really mean it. Atleast 50% of the time when i turn my screen off for any reason, i will see it go off.. feel a little vibrate (like when it boots and its just about to finish) and then the stock UD backround will appear as my lock screen (its never my actual backround, the same with the HomeDock.) My 3G will be out and reboot, and when i unlock the screen it always asks what home app i want to use.
IE: LauncherPro, UD launcher & Zune Home....
When I hit the select for the launcher pro (or UD launcher) it will refresh any widgets i have and then load. Then almost 99% of the time I hit the home button it asks about what Launcher I want default.

Whats wrong lol????? I cant figure it out:

Heres some info and stats about the phone:
Launcher Pro (it happens with the stock one too)
I have over 100megs memory open on the phone, and i think 10megs open on the system partition.
Lock home screen in memory, is selected in both launcher Pro & UD settings.. (ive tested it without and with selecting those options and theres no change in the issue)
I use LCD Density Changer set to 200 on boot

Thats about it... I cant figure it out. Heres some other issues ive got:
Occasionally the phone will go completely still, and wont respond to bottom buttons, power button or anything... when it comes back its reloading the lock screen and it drives me nuts.... Sometimes it will happen all by itself (its doing it right now, i see the lights come on and it reloads the lock screen, then it goes out only to do it again a few seconds later)

Ive tried:
Kernals from Chevy, Slayher, Sapphire
Setcpu & Non-setcpu
Higher minimum down clock (currently set at 400 on stock kernal)
CM Roms & UD roms

I love my D1, but the phone is almost unuseable right now :'(

radioz

Reaction score
It could be your theme.
It could be one (or more) of the apps you've installed.
It could be the kernel.

Try this:

Do a wipe and install a stock ROM (like 2.1). Don't restore your apps and don't add any themes.

Try running it that way for a while to see if you get the same problems.

If that works, just add one item at a time to see what might be causing a problem.

If you still have problems with a stock ROM, maybe it is a hardware problem.

My guess is it is some app that doesn't like your phone.

Good luck!

OP
A

altimax98

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying that but im running stock theme and I've tried so many kernels as well and it still gives me issues.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

kennyb

Reaction score
I can't help with all the issues but I just installed Tranquility ROM and when I booted up it asked if I wanted to use ADW or the launcher in Tranq and like you it would ask everytime I hit home key. I checked where it said to remember my choice when I selected ADW and have not had it ask again.

give this a try.
YMMV

Sent from my rooted DROIDX

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you wiping and formatting before install rom? If not do so. Make sure you have a nandroid backup. Try liquid 1.95 and follow their install instructions exactly. Try with their included kernel. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

altimax98

Reaction score
Are you wiping and formatting before install rom? If not do so. Make sure you have a nandroid backup. Try liquid 1.95 and follow their install instructions exactly. Try with their included kernel. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I have wiped and everything..... but it all doesnt matter for the moment because I went to remove the youtube & launcher apps through the recovery exploit method in titanium.... and well its looping through a 'stockish' recovery screen where it goes 1/4 way and resets and wont stop, and cant go past it. I cant access the recovery, only the bootloader.... looks like its SBF time tomorrow morning.