Clockwork Recovery

hogowner

Reaction score
f we root....and we upgrade to Premium Clockwork Recovery from the market....does the Premium Clockwork Recovery have the Thunderbolt roms?

If not...what is the best way to install the new roms? Step by step LOL

Also...when we insall a new rom...does all our apps and settings have to be redownloaded and redo settings?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's best to wipe before putting a new rom on your phone.

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
how do you wipe with Clockwork> I came from a DROID where I had SPRecovery,,,,,never used Clockwork before...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
In CWR, select Wipe Data/Factory Rest. I also wipe cache partition. Then I install the rom.

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
So you go into rom manager...click on reboot into recovery....and then you will see wipe data etc?? Like I said never used Clockwork before...

also..if I install the premium version from the market..would I then get the thunderbolt roms on there.....and I can just insall them using clockwork?

sorry for all the questions....

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So you go into rom manager...click on reboot into recovery....and then you will see wipe data etc?? Like I said never used Clockwork before...

also..if I install the premium version from the market..would I then get the thunderbolt roms on there.....and I can just insall them using clockwork?

sorry for all the questions....
Correct. That is how I go into CWR. You will see that option once you boot into CWR. You'll see the options.

I don't know about the premium version, I just use the free one. I'm on XDA to find out the latest and greatest roms out there.

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
one last question...and thanks for the answers so far...

when I want to download a rom for my Thunderbolt....what is the procedure to installing it on my Thunderbolt using Clockwork?

also...which rom are you using?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
there are no roms on rom manager currently. and no you dont need the premium for it. and its not worth the $5 honestly. to many errors using it to install roms so your better off keeping the free version and reboot recovery and install roms manually. bc RM and cwm wont install kernels either right now.

samiusmc

Reaction score
OP, if you want to back up your apps and data before wiping, get Titanium Backup from the Market. You can use it to restore your apps and settings once the new ROM is installed.

OP
hogowner

hogowner

Reaction score
there are no roms on rom manager currently. and no you dont need the premium for it. and its not worth the $5 honestly. to many errors using it to install roms so your better off keeping the free version and reboot recovery and install roms manually. bc RM and cwm wont install kernels either right now.
thanks rafficaX.....the roms come with the kernals?

thanks to Mustang also!