Rom Manager Prem help

papatar

Reaction score
i only have SPRecovery, not Clockwork but i read where Rom Manager premium would now work with SPR. I bought the premium but still have no access to alternate recoveries. i also have the basic rom manager installed. i tried a reboot with no help

Deronn

Reaction score
Rom Manager will let you flash Alternate recovery ( 2nd or 3rd option from the bottom) to SPrecovery, but none of the other features of Rom Manager work unless you switch back to Clockwork except for "boot to recovery."
Premium just allows you more download/install options within Rom Manager while using Clockwork

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
the 'flash alternate recoveries' option near the bottom remained gray and didn't let me click on it even in the premium version. from what you're saying though it doesn't sound worth it to me anyway. I just uninstalled it. is there anything close to rom manager using SPR?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the 'flash alternate recoveries' option near the bottom remained gray and didn't let me click on it even in the premium version. from what you're saying though it doesn't sound worth it to me anyway. I just uninstalled it. is there anything close to rom manager using SPR?

I have never installed a custom rom but my understanding of if is that you simply install the ROM manually instead of using ROM Manager. That to me means you would flash the ROM by putting it in your SD card by either doing an install from a zip file or the ROM in the Nandroid folder and doing a restore.

I'm not sure exactly, hopefully somebody will explain who has experience but I am quite sure of a couple things. If you do it from your SD card or Nandroid folder do a backup on SPRecovery of your current OS and then do a wipe of both the cache and data. With a backup if you want to proceed from this point you should be fine.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have never installed a custom rom but my understanding of if is that you simply install the ROM manually instead of using ROM Manager. That to me means you would flash the ROM by putting it in your SD card by either doing an install from a zip file or the ROM in the Nandroid folder and doing a restore.

I'm not sure exactly, hopefully somebody will explain who has experience but I am quite sure of a couple things. If you do it from your SD card or Nandroid folder do a backup on SPRecovery of your current OS and then do a wipe of both the cache and data. With a backup if you want to proceed from this point you should be fine.

You are correct here....I say stick with SPrecovery and load your own ROM's. Buying a $4 app seems "waistful" when all he is doing is putting these roms on a server for d/l. They are already on a server so why not DIY