CLNR hits a new low

Detonation

Reaction score
Don't worry, this isn't a "I'm on my XXth replacement, give me a new phone" thread, but its another example of how poor Verizon's refurb quality control is.

I got a replacement Incredible today, and the phone still had the previous owner's screen protector on it :blink:. It was a decent quality one and pretty invisible, but I still noticed immediately. Slightly different feel than glass, and you could easily see it's edges, especially since there were some bubbles.

It honestly makes me think what Verizon's refurb process even is. I mean anyone that actually looked at the screen for more than 10 seconds, or even just touched it, would have noticed.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon has no control over the refurbs that is handled 100%by the manufacturer or a 3rd party company under the authorization of the manufacturer.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly

Verizon has no control over the refurbs that is handled 100%by the manufacturer or a 3rd party company under the authorization of the manufacturer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

tktouch12

Reaction score
o my goodness. i dont really care, but the exact thing happened to me. it came with a screen protector. i'm really starting to think they dont even look at them. i'm pretty confident i could send in a broken inc with s-off and they probably wouldnt even notice.
o well its no big deal but i was really surprised.

btw, i'm going to dissagree. its sent from verizon's warehouse and comes in a little box with a sticker that says verizon qualtiy tests or something like that. i think verizon is in control there.

xmguy

Reaction score
I hear you. My last 4 FRU Droid 1's have had the following. Previous Owner smells (cigarette smoke, things like that), loose screens, junk IN the screen, Scratches ON the screen. FRU has been BAD for MANY MANY YEARS. I went though 8+ LG Voyagers back in 2008 that were even worse. They may have improved. But whoever does the FRUing needs to get the quality control up. QUALITY NOT QUANITY!