What is up with Verizon lately?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
To make this short and sweet I'll get straight to it. My droid is still under the 1 year warranty. I ordered a replacement 2 weeks ago because my phone was having boot loop issues (completely stock). The replacement that was shipped to me had the flat keyboard (my org. droid had the bubble keys) which in itself is no biggie... however; the screen on it was extremely loose and the phone had some serious reboot issues (even after rooting/roming). So I flashed back and ordered yet another replacement. The 2nd replacement has some sort of defect to where it won’t program... I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon trying to activate the phone and it just won’t happen. On top of that, I noticed that the keyboard has 3 keys that are stuck down, P, DEL, Ent keys are all flatter then the rest of the keys and do not work. So after spending another hour on the phone arguing with Verizon they decided to send me a Brand new Droid with the retail goodies. If this phone has anything remotely close to an issue, I’m getting a different phone (X or Inc).

But yea, besides the BS with the "Like New, Certified" devices being ****, I learned that Verizon is out of stock on refurb. Droids, So if anyone is still under there 12month warranty, if you want a brand new phone, call Verizon dancedroid

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Everyone is still in warranty since they only came out in November last year. I doubt Verizon is out of refurbs though. What are bubble keys? I got mine on day one and the keys are flat.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Everyone is still in warranty since they only came out in November last year. I doubt Verizon is out of refurbs though. What are bubble keys? I got mine on day one and the keys are flat.

Well some people have "Voided Warrantys" but they shipped 2 versions of the Droid from launch, most have flat keys, some of us got bubbled keys (slightly raised in the middle like a bubble). I prefer the bubbled keyboard, made it easier to type. dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Juicemane, I understand your upset but that's not an excuse for swearing in the forum. I don't care if the censor catches it or not.

And as far as certified as new goes, they are. Some people do get a bad one every once in a while it does happen. Your next one should be fine.

At this point really be thankful they still are sending out refurbs, because supposedly they are no longer in production. If you had an insurance claim they would try to stick you with an Eris.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Juicemane, I understand your upset but that's not an excuse for swearing in the forum. I don't care if the censor catches it or not.

And as far as certified as new goes, they are. Some people do get a bad one every once in a while it does happen. Your next one should be fine.

At this point really be thankful they still are sending out refurbs, because supposedly they are no longer in production. If you had an insurance claim they would try to stick you with an Eris.

Err sorry for swearing? I think I said the equiv. of poop...

On a side note, they sent me 3 defective refurbs, are you really going to make an excuse for a multi-billion dollar corporation being cheap?