Slow internet on D2

tacomaguy912

Reaction score
Bought the Droid 2 brand new on black friday of this year. I am already on my second warranty replacement (refurb) due to loose screen/screen wobble issues. Ive had this one for a couple days and the internet is noticeably slower than that of my new D2 and even the 1st refurb. Did i just get the shaft or is there something i can do to boost the speed? And why is it slower?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Any task killers installed? Are you using back or home to exit applications?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
T

tacomaguy912

Reaction score
I have Advanced Task Killer installed. I use home to exit apps

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You should do the opposite of both those things. Ditch the task killer and use the back button to exit apps. This signifies to the system that you are done with it and it will handle it in its own time.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+100

You should do the opposite of both those things. Ditch the task killer and use the back button to exit apps. This signifies to the system that you are done with it and it will handle it in its own time.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also you mitt try an alternate browser. I have good experience with dolphin hd and it has options to clear cache and history on exit.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

tacomaguy912

Reaction score
And whats all this im seeing about rooting phones and resetting abunch of stuff. Would any of this help? And how do i clean caches and cookies?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We'll tackle rooting later. Cookies are cleared in settings when your browser is open. Cache (unless you want to buy a $1 app) is done in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clicking on your apps.

And whats all this im seeing about rooting phones and resetting abunch of stuff. Would any of this help? And how do i clean caches and cookies?

DroidForums Junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We'll tackle rooting later. Cookies are cleared in settings when your browser is open. Cache (unless you want to buy a $1 app) is done in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and clicking on your apps.

DroidForums Junkie!!

You can clear your browsers cache by hitting menu and then settings and scrolling down to clear cache.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True! I was thinking the apps' cache. Carry on :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

You can clear your browsers cache by hitting menu and then settings and scrolling down to clear cache.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!