94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Um..it's been posted and even stickied..but no problem..unless I'm missing something LOL..

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It worked perfect on every step except the very last one wasn't clear ( as well as on the MOTO site. ) So I had to bite the bullet and ask and thanks again for seeing my question and answering it quickly. :)

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm still on Kit Kat and I'm stuck on step 5 android on back and says no command. I've tried power plus down and power plus up. Either way no luck. The instructions have been changed for lollipop.
What am I missing?
UPDATE: I was able to clear the cache but it just sits on erasing for about five minutes then restarts on its own. I seem to remember that when the phone finishes clearing cache it would return to the menu with about five options like restart, clear cache, factory reset and something else. I would usually clear the cache again, it would return to this menu then I would restart the phone.

Am I still doing something wrong here?

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sounds like its doing what it is suppose to under the updated KitKat procedure.

New procedure under Kitkat:

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark).

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key, then press and release the POWER key.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).

7. Use the VOL DOWN key to scroll to wipe cache partition (bottom entry) and then press the POWER key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe, AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT, and start the normal power up sequence.

( Moto forum )

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Now mine is on 5.1 LP and after cache clear it went to the last step and waited with step 1 highlighted until I did something. ( push power to choose #1 )

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Thank you Sir!
Thanks for posting the Kit Kat clear cache instructions for the update foot draggers. I didn't know it had changed. I do wish that it would return to the "last step" and waited with the option to reboot or I could easily rerun the clear cache partition. Oh well.
I really do appreciate your quick response and reassurance that all is well, at least in Kit Kat world.
Thank you.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Now both versions are posted..I should've left the instructions for kk up...they're now back up...

1coopgt

Reaction score
How do I clear Cache Partition on my device?

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

Lollipop Steps

1. Ensure the device is powered off, and unplugged

2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.

3. From the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" screen, select Recovery.

Note: Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.

4. From the "No Command" screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Power button then press and release theVolume Up button to display the menu options.

5. Select "wipe cache partition".

Note: Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.

6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

The only real difference is step 4 between KITKAT and Lollypop .

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah it changes from os to os and device to device..small changes usually..

capt. dan

Reaction score
My phone has been going for over an hour. The only thing I can do is switch between the android character and the text by holding the power button and hitting the volume up. Anyone had theirs take this long?

Thanks

Dan

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Dan. You may have missed a step. You shouldn't be able to make selections in the middle of a clear cache operation. It also shouldn't take an hour. You may want to restart the process. I think you just press and hold the power button until the phone reboots normally, but you can wait for another member to confirm. Then you can start the clear cache partition process over again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The clear cache process on the Turbo with Lollipop can take close to an hour. One User on the Moto forum reported that his phone had been trying to clear the cache for 1.5 hours and no visual process. I tried it once on mine just to see the steps and thought my phone was seriously broken.....it just sat there for almost 30 minutes doing nothing and finally displayed cache clear and rebooted. My wife's Moto X 2014 running 5.1 takes about 20 seconds to clear and start rebooting. Something is not right with the Turbo cache clear process. Me personally..... Will not do it again until Moto fixes this. I'm not sure that it is really doing anything at this point except sitting there on the clear cache screen for a long time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's strange..my note edge is fast at this..but my maxx and turbo both take quite some time..