Clearing the cache for the droid turbo

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My Turbo, purchased last July, always takes 7-8 minutes. It came with KK, but Lollipop got pushed a few days later, so I have very little experience with the "before" and "after" performance.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Don't do it on marshmallow. Takes almost 20 minutes first boot.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
How do I clear*Cache*Partition on my device?

Now edited for lollipop.

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will*not*delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off,*press*and hold*VOL*DOWN KEY*+*POWER*key*(simultaneously)*for*5 seconds*and then release both buttons.

2. The device will display*different*BOOT*OPTIONS

3. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to SCROLL to*Recovery*and*POWER*Key to select*

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have*waited to long to make a selection, you*will need to begin the process again.*

4. The device will display*the*Motorola logo and then*the*Android in distress*( logo with Exclamation mark)

5. Press and hold the*POWER*key.*While still holding*the*POWER*key*tap and release the*VOL UP*key. Once you see the RED text at the top of the screen, release both buttons (should take only a second).

Tip: You can*try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are*stuck on step 5, try a*force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key until your device reboots, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in*BLUE)*

7. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to scroll to*wipe*cache*partition*and the*POWER*Key to select*this*option

8.*The device will then perform*the partition wipe..this will probably take a bit..

9. Then it will show a list of options. Select reboot system now and start the normal power up sequence

Now this procedure can take up to 10, sometimes I've heard of up to 20 mins..

If you're still on kit kat..here are the steps..

Kitkat://////////////////////////////////////////////.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .

2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS

3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark).

5. Press and hold the VOL UP key, then press and release the POWER key.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).

7. Use the VOL DOWN key to scroll to wipe cache partition (bottom entry) and then press the POWER key to SELECT this option.

8. The device will then perform the partition wipe, AUTOMATICALLY. REBOOT, and start the normal power up sequence.

Every time I try step one the phone comes on. My phone case seems to get in the way. It seems impossible for me to press both the volume up and volume down together at the same time

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Every time I try step one the phone comes on. My phone case seems to get in the way. It seems impossible for me to press both the volume up and volume down together at the same time
Step one is deceiving. You can not, at least with my droid, to press both the volume up AND down together.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's not as easy as it should be...and takes waaaaaay too long. My 3 Moto X 2014's take about 20 seconds

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
It's not as easy as it should be...and takes waaaaaay too long. My 3 Moto X 2014's take about 20 seconds

I agree. should be able to do this in the settings by pushing one button.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree. should be able to do this in the settings by pushing one button.
You can clear the App Cache in Settings > Storage > Clear Cache

MarBearCat

Reaction score
You can clear the App Cache in Settings > Storage > Clear Cache

Is this the same as the "clearing the cache for droid turbo" that's stickied?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They do different things, as far as I know. One clears the phone cache and the other clears the cache for your apps.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They do different things, as far as I know. One clears the phone cache and the other clears the cache for your apps.

I am not 100% sure what the exact differences are though. Maybe time for some Google research.....