Chinese Company 'Oppo' Teases 6.65mm Device - Could be World's Thinnest Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oppo-665-phone.jpg

A small and virtually unknown (at least in the U.S.) smartphone company called "Oppo" recently teased a new device that could steal the world's thinnest smartphone crown from rival Huwaei. The Ascend P1 S, from Huwaei, hasn't yet been released, but is expected to come some-time soon. The Ascend P1 S will be 6.68mm thick, and was previously thought to be the world's thinnest smartphone. Supposedly, this new phone from Oppo will be just 6.65mm thick, just barely besting the Huwaei device. Other than the above leaked pic and the single dimension detail, there is nothing else known about the phone at this time. It's a very aesthetically pleasing device if it turns out to be more than just a render.

On a separate note, this company name has to be the easiest target for anagram humor I have ever seen... :D

Source: Engadget

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
problem with thin devices is lack of battery longevity. 2k batteries are no longer acceptable because phones still don't last longer then 4 hours screen time due to large screens and millions of pixels. i'd rather have a 10mm device with 4k battery.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
not if it's backed by chinese government(like a lot of their large corporations). even if it's banned in rest of the world, it still leaves 1/4 of world population to sell it too and that's pretty big number.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this is the same company that makes the DVD players...they make some incredible DVD players. Handles probably every disc format thrown at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone has the three special dot thingies like my Gnex. Why does it have the 3 dots? Why does my Gnex have the three dots?

edit: oh there are Pogo pins.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Eventually people will have to wear gloves to hold their phones or else risk getting multiple cuts on their hands :crazy:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Eventually people will have to wear gloves to hold their phones or else risk getting multiple cuts on their hands :crazy:

Baahahahahahaha.. the real RAZR.... will cut you!!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!