Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Oppo is a company you may have not heard much about, and that’s because it’s a small Chinese company that made some interesting devices. Like the Oppo Finder which launched as the world’s thinnest smartphone. Now the Oppo Finder 5 is coming soon.
Oppo-Finder-Smart-phone.jpg

Measuring only 6.65 mm in thickness, and the Oppo Find5 X990, called the thinnest quad core smartphone.
The Oppo Find 5, Some Specs:

• 5-inch phone with a 1080p screen and 441 PPI. This may very well be the first phone to ship with this resolution, and the first phone with such a crazy high pixel density.
2011_1020_fig_02_b_575px-1.jpg

• 4.1 Jelly Bean,
  • Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor.
  • 2GB of RAM,
  • 12MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
I will bring you more information on this New phone as I find it.

Source
Source

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Camera lens is interesting.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Well that certainly raises the bar. Now everyone will want phones with 1080p displays.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
1080p res, and quad core cpu. wonder how long the battery will last?..

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's interesting having 1080 resolution, but it's technically pointless on a screen that small.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Well that certainly raises the bar. Now everyone will want phones with 1080p displays.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

I'm quite happy with my S3's 720p resolution. Hell, i have a 36" TV in my wife's craft room and it looks great at 720p resolution. I have The Avengers in 1080p on my phone and decided to get the 720p version to see if there was any noticeable difference, I couldn't see any. As MissionImprobably mentions just below your OP, its pointless on such a small screen. I have to agree.

As for quad core, I'm sure they will see a longer life as the new Android OSs come out, but I have a feeling dual cores will see just as long or very close to it lifespans too.

Anyone know of the quality of Oppo? Depending on the price point and whether or not it would run on AT&T here in the US, I'd consider getting one for a work phone. I love my S3 but no reason to ignore other good phones.

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm quite happy with my S3's 720p resolution. Hell, i have a 36" TV in my wife's craft room and it looks great at 720p resolution. I have The Avengers in 1080p on my phone and decided to get the 720p version to see if there was any noticeable difference, I couldn't see any. As MissionImprobably mentions just below your OP, its pointless on such a small screen. I have to agree.

As for quad core, I'm sure they will see a longer life as the new Android OSs come out, but I have a feeling dual cores will see just as long or very close to it lifespans too.

You won't be able to make out a the detail on a 1080p screen, but you'll definitely be able to tell which one is better still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is unfortunately not coming to the US, reason be, it looks like an iPhone, and we all know what Apple will do if it does. I am sure this company is small and has not intentions to go to court with Apple, Samsung on the other hand is another story.