Oppo Find 5 Coming to US Unlocked $499; Droid DNA Specs & Bigger Battery

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oppo-find-5-3-png.jpg

Very soon the US will have a new competitor in the Android landscape. Oppo, the Chinese company just revealed the Oppo Find 5 smartphone will be coming to the US unlocked for $499.99, and it brings impressive specs to the tablet. In fact, this new superphone includes specs that are nearly identical to the new HTC Droid DNA, except that it actually has a larger battery. Here's a breakdown:
  • Qualcomm APQ8064 Quad-Core 1.5GHz
  • 5-inch Display - 1080x1920 FULL HD - 441 PPI
  • Corning Gorilla Glass 2
  • 16GB Storage ROM
  • 2GB RAM
  • UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA/HSPA+/HSPA+42 (850, 1700, 1900, 2100MHz)
  • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz)
  • 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Wi-Fi Direct
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
  • GPS
  • Wi-Fi Display
  • DLNA
  • Accelerometer
  • Gyroscope
  • Digital compass
  • Microphone
  • Light Sensor
  • IR Proximity Sensor
  • Magnetic Sensor
  • Gravity Sensor
  • Battery 2500 mAh built-in lithium-ion battery
  • Includes Power adapter, USB Cable, and Headphones
As you can see, the phone does not have LTE but instead carries the HSPA+ radios for AT&T and T-Mobile. For many folks this is likely a deal-breaker, but for anyone who is already on those networks, and/or doesn't need LTE, then this phone might be worth checking out. It certainly is an aesthetically pleasing device, although we will have to get it in hand to determine the build quality. What do you guys think of this one?

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I read that Oppo works closely with the Chinese government and personally, I wouldn't trust them because of that. Call me crazy or paranoid, but I wouldn't doubt it if the company gave them information about users of their phone, even those in the US. If they don't do it to US customers, but to Chinese customers, I don't want to support a company that does that.

Don't get me wrong, no company is squeaky clean, but I'll choose one of the lesser evils.