Chase "Quick Deposit" App

Skydog

Reaction score
I discovered that even if an error message appears after sending (retake picture or amount doesn't match scanned amount) resending again (tap on "next") it generally uploads successfully. The problems may be due to Chase's servers. I sent four checks yesterday but not one of them uploaded on the first try.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cambrosio

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to have to try this app. Although I can see where the issues with Chase not updating the problem lies; it's worth a shot.

pyro6128

Reaction score
It works well as long as you take the picture properly with the right lighting and all. I've deposited a couple of checks this way. Very convenient not having to go to the bank for the smaller stuff

myriad46

Reaction score
Is anybody that DOES NOT have an original Droid, having problems? It seems like the people that it's working for are using X's and D2's.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is anybody that DOES NOT have an original Droid, having problems? It seems like the people that it's working for are using X's and D2's.

I have a check coming in in a few days. I have the D2. My wife has not been able to use it on her D1 so I'll let you know.

Mollys Mum

Reaction score
Success!! I think.

I've managed to get this to work, finally, with much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair, thanks to a combination of the suggestions above.

I'm using a D1. I think the key is to take the picture of the check on a vertical rather than a horizontal surface. So I used some small magnets to hold a nonreflective piece of black cloth (the wipe for my computer screen, actually) on my whiteboard. I tilted the desk lamp attached above away from the board, so the light was deflected. I put a post-it over the flash on my Droid. I pressed the shutter (on top -- not using that stupid button on the screen Chase provides) halfway down a couple of times and then all the way. FINALLY - got the pictures accepted first try, after days of trying 20, 30, 40, 50 times before I was successful. I did two checks in a row and now I have to go lie down. It remains to be seen whether I can duplicate this feat next time I try. Good luck to all of you. This has been one of the more frustrating journeys of my recent life.

Mollys Mum

Reaction score
I've got it!!

It's so simple.
I couldn't duplicate my earlier success (see above post) when I tried again, until I figured it out--you just have to compensate for the faulty focusing. Which I think is easiest to do when the check is vertical, so I kept it magnet-pinned on my whiteboard for the process. The thing is, when the Droid camera focuses, it moves IN a fraction of an inch at the last minute and therefore makes the picture blurred. To compensate, move the phone BACK a fraction of an inch just a millisecond before it takes the picture. Voila!! :icon_ banana: Perfect focus. Worked a treat.

Give it a try.

myriad46

Reaction score
It's so simple.
I couldn't duplicate my earlier success (see above post) when I tried again, until I figured it out--you just have to compensate for the faulty focusing. Which I think is easiest to do when the check is vertical, so I kept it magnet-pinned on my whiteboard for the process. The thing is, when the Droid camera focuses, it moves IN a fraction of an inch at the last minute and therefore makes the picture blurred. To compensate, move the phone BACK a fraction of an inch just a millisecond before it takes the picture. Voila!! :icon_ banana: Perfect focus. Worked a treat.

Give it a try.

Nice workaround, but unacceptable from Chase. Also, what ROM are you using. My camera button does not work while I am in the app.

porsche996

Reaction score
My "workaround" is a little easier, and is working about 75% of the time for me...

1) ALWAYS use the brightest lit room and/or additional lights available.
2) ALWAYS take the photo vertical so no shadows are on the check.
3) ALWAYS use an extremely dark background that's really low-glare (I use my LCD monitor, turned off of course, as it disperses any flash and/or glare really well)
3) ALWAYS place something over the camera's LED flash...(I've used wax paper that works ok; plan on using black electrical tape next time to completely block it out)
4) Take photo as usual.

Basically, what I've found is, if the flash doesn't have to be used (extremely bright room) or if it's blocked off, the camera focuses and STAYS in focus the majority of the time. It seems the Droid 1 can't focus well in low light, on the paper check for whatever reason (don't know if it's Chase app or not), but if you can brighten things up and block out the flash, it's got a much better chance of working.

It's still kind of annoying, but this method has worked for me on multiple checks, on two different Droid 1 phones, whereas nothing previously worked with any sort of consistency at all.

cl2ysta1

Reaction score
I have a check to deposit and live an hour away from the closest bank. So i did a search again to see if chase got this app for droid yet. found this thread. I already had the chase app on my phone but didnt realize it had the deposit option.

Put the check on the table (dark wood) took the photo with the check laying down and my elbows steadied on the table. i think the problem a lot of people are having is they are moving when taking the photo. It takes it a second to actually run the shutter and if you move while it is doing it you'll get blurry. steady your elbows on something and keep your hands VERY still until you actually see the photo on the screen. I took a front pic no issues. a back pic no issues. and sent it off. first time using it. I'm using a droid x

II VEN0M

Reaction score
I had this app on my iPhone, I just got my droid x this weekend when I switched over to Verizon, but I cant do the quick deposit. There is no option to deposit the check like there was on the iphone. Am I missing something?

cambrosio

Reaction score
Hit the menu key and it should give you an option for deposits.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

II VEN0M

Reaction score
Thanks got it, I'm used to everything being touch activated, loving this phone blows the iphone out of the water just got some stuff to learn.

paintball31390

Reaction score
It's so simple.

Give it a try.

It is so hard to get a clear photo on the Droid 1, I recently went back to the latest verizon wireless official rom with root... my camera button doesnt work inside the app. going to be trying to whole vertical and compensating for the focus thing. ...I really have never liked the Droid 1's camera, most of the time it takes good pics though.... the glare when flash activates and there is already light is incredibly annoying though.

MrCrimson

Reaction score
Chase STUPID Android App WORTHLESS for Depositing Checks!

Well, after MANY unsuccessful attempts at depositing checks with the photo feature, I give up. They need to fix this so that we can MANUALLY focus the pictures, because it NEVER gets the focus right and they all come out blurry and unaccepted. I have not been able to use this successfully one single time.

EVERYONE! CALL CHASE and TELL THEM about this! I just got off the phone (the 2nd call I've made to them about this) with Chase's "Online Support"...what a joke! They said they have logged NO KNOWN ISSUES. I said, "Are you kidding me?! Just do a Google search and you will find HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people reporting problems with the Chase app and getting 'picture not clear enough for deposit' errors!"

The Chase online support rep I talked to said she reported this, but y'all need to be calling Chase and reporting this! Y'all aren't doing what it takes to get this ridiculous problem fixed or else they would know about it from the hundreds and thousands of people who apparently blog or post in forums but never call Chase. And apparently Chase doesn't care enough to see the MYRIAD of reports online about how their APP SUCKS!

It's starting to take me longer to get this stupid app to deposit my checks than it would for me to get in my car, waste extra gas, drive to the bank and deposit them in person!

And no, you can't do direct deposit with EVERY company out there. We NEED this feature to work in this Android/iPhone app!