Chase "Quick Deposit" App

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by DanSan, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DanSan

DanSan New Member

Just saw a commercial for chase bank where you can use your phone, take a photo of the front and back of a check and it auto deposits it into your account.

only bad part, its only for iphone as of now. wtf chase.

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/individuals/online_services/page/iphone-banking
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

darn. i got excited when i saw that.
  3. nsiebenaller

nsiebenaller New Member

USAA has had an app for that on Android for months... I absolutely love it!
  4. Dat Dude

Dat Dude New Member

5. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

Any update on this? Is it coming, for sure?
  6. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID New Member

Please! Update!
  7. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

I'd lol if there was a deposit fee. Also why do hear "Security Issue!" when I think of being able to do this? Call me old fashioned but I feel it's better to have a certain level of complexity when it comes messing with money. If it's super easy for me withdraw and deposit money then it's bound to be super easy for someone to withdraw and deposit my money in their pocket.
  8. Dat Dude

Dat Dude New Member

The last that I heard, the target date is still the end of Sept.

There's no fee, and its completely safe... There's no way someone can deposit the same check twice. If they do, its sent to our risk dept, and if its done too many times, they will close the acct.
  9. rjsurfer

rjsurfer New Member

Would love it if BOA did the same thing....

Great feature.

Ron W.
  10. takeshi

takeshi New Member

The USAA service is as secure as any other mobile/online banking service/feature. If someone really wants to bust in and make a deposit into my account they're certainly welcome to go ahead and do so.
  11. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

Just keep in mind that anything that can be made can be unmade, and anything that can be done can be undone. If you know how something works, you can manipulate it. The most secure lock in the world still has a key, and someone is responsible for that key and the access it provides, and that's why it will never be fully secure. Remember that while you sleep at night placing an overabundance of trust in your banks. ;)
  12. devilwearskevlar

devilwearskevlar New Member

Are you kidding me?

If everyone lived by that logic we would be living our lives sitting on a pile of pennies in a safe room with no door and a shotgun pointed at the air vent 24/7. And I say a pile of pennies, because you wouldn't have any money left after paying for all the medication you need for your paranoid schizophrenia.
  13. porsche996

porsche996 New Member

I've been waiting for this app for a while, as well as a full-featured Chase Bank app, as the mobile Chase login site on the web isn't full-featured (doesn't let me go back very far on past transactions).

Sure would save a lot of time/hassle of having to drive to the bank to deposit a check. And since I only get 1 check a month, it really is a hassle 'cause it's not something I normally do. I hate going to the bank; I've been doing all deposits/withdraws through an ATM for years, and online banking is pretty much mandatory for me! So being able to do even more at home is a huge plus for me so I won't ever have to go to the bank at all soon!!

One question, though. When you use an app like this, do you then have to mail the physical check into the bank (or otherwise get it there), or can you destroy the paper check after it's deposited??
  14. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

+1. "Every lock has a key" and "everything made can be undone" etc sounds great philosophically, but the truth is online banking is pretty safe.

There's a thin line between playing it safe, and being paranoid. These banks would not release such apps without doing TONS of testing, quality control, and security implementation. That doesn't mean its failsafe, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get your account info stolen by an Android app released by a major US bank.
  15. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Man, I'm beyond angry! I saw the title of this thread and thought, Yes Chanse made one for Android!!!

Then I see the thread was made 7/22. Bummer.
  16. Wachinagi

Wachinagi New Member

No you do not have to send in the paper check. There are limitations to this app though, if it remains the same as the one on the iPhone. The check must be under $1,000.00 in order to be electronically deposited via the phone. You may be able to deposit a larger amount, but there would most likely be a delay for verification.
    The deposit would be just as secure as dropping it in an ATM. Actually, more secure. With the ATM you give up the check, and if there's an error (Say a lost check) how do you prove it was there? With the phone apps, you hang on to the check, so if there's a problem, you can always take it in.

Fraud seems like it could be an issue, but really it's not. You can't deposit the same check twice, try it and you'll be caught easily. Sure, you could change things on the check, but you could do that with a physical check too, and you're just as likely going to get caught.

To be fair, the banks aren't too bright to begin with. I watch a documentary about check fraud where the documentary folks started an account with a fake I.D. that wasn't even a fake of an acceptable I.D. (it was a work badge). They also were able to cash checks for thousands of dollars.

The Checks were issued by:
    Mr. Donald Duck
    1234 Anywhere Ln.
    City, State. 12345 (That's actually what is said)

memo on check: This check is fake. Still got through.
  17. Jorgename

Jorgename New Member

Guys - all I need to understand is why Chase has opted to develop BB and iPhone apps and NOT one for Android knowing this OS has gained market share and is close to "busting" iPhone numbers. Also, while you may experiment with iPhone being the guinea pig for "bank deposit" you should already have deployed a Droid widget that at least will allow you to check accounts and find ATM's. C'mon even BofA is ahead of Chase!!!
  18. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

Most of these things take a long time to develop, or get approval for. It's hard to remember that the sizeable market share of Android, has really only been here for 6 or 8 months. Iphone and Blackberry have been saturating for years. It'll come.
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It's the normal order of things. iPhones still outnumber Android, but Android is not going unnoticed. Chase will have an app eventually for Android.
  20. Ed's Droid

Ed's Droid New Member

So .....is the Chase app here yet?

Someone said it was suposed to come out at the end of September? ...it's now October and I haven't seen it yet?.. anyone hear anything?
Search tags for this page
can you deposit a check twice

chase android deposit

chase app for droid

chase check deposit app

chase deposit by phone

chase phone deposit

chase photo deposit

chase picture deposit android

chase quick deposit

chase quick deposit android

chase.com/quickdeposit