Chase "Quick Deposit" App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That's why there is direct deposit.......

patceelou

Reaction score
You know that it won't accept a deposit over $3,000.00? So if you make a lot of money, you are inconvenienced I guess.

I understand they probably have a security reason for this. Still it kind of spoiled my wife's fun when she went to use it.
Yeah - maybe that's the problem. The number is too small and the camera can't see it. It only has 4 digits.

id2nv2nj2ca

Reaction score
Deposit feature not on Droid X???

Just got the Droid X yesterday. Disappointed in a lot of various things after leaving my iPhone, like no Hulu Plus or Netflix streaming, but that has nothing to do with the Chase Mobile App being discussed here. I downloaded the app, it takes FOREVER to log in, and forever to access account information in comparison to the iPhone, even when on a very hi-speed wifi connection.

My complaint and question, however is: there is no quick deposit feature showing, where is it? Not available for the (almost) newest Droid there is, what?

Thanks for any feedback.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got the Droid X yesterday. Disappointed in a lot of various things after leaving my iPhone, like no Hulu Plus or Netflix streaming, but that has nothing to do with the Chase Mobile App being discussed here. I downloaded the app, it takes FOREVER to log in, and forever to access account information in comparison to the iPhone, even when on a very hi-speed wifi connection.

My complaint and question, however is: there is no quick deposit feature showing, where is it? Not available for the (almost) newest Droid there is, what?

Thanks for any feedback.

on the d1 (i assume it's the same on the x) you have to hit the menu button when you're in the app to see the option to deposit...

id2nv2nj2ca

Reaction score

Thanks for any feedback.

on the d1 (i assume it's the same on the x) you have to hit the menu button when you're in the app to see the option to deposit...

Thank you so much. You are so right. It is so hard getting used to a new phone and all the quirks and differences. I have to admit, if ATT had better service and the iPhone was more reliable (long story) I would have never thought of swapping phones because it was SO EASY to use.

Thanks again. Have a great rest of the week.

Briankbl

Reaction score
"We are unable to complete your request."

I keep getting this message even with crystal clear images. I just opened up a checking acct solely because of this feature, and I can't get it to work...

myriad46

Reaction score
Just tried my first check with this app. Droid 1. Blurry pic after blurry pic. Finally got a clear one. Very disappointing. Patceelou got it right. It focuses and then just before it takes the pic, it jumps out of focus. Different lighting, different surface, same story.

Reaction score
I sometimes have to take the picture more than once but I've had pretty good luck so far using the feature. Still more convenient than driving to the bank!

Sent from my DROIDX

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I sometimes have to take the picture more than once but I've had pretty good luck so far using the feature. Still more convenient than driving to the bank!

Sent from my DROIDX

Maybe the DroidX camera is better. But for most of us it seems, the picture jumps in then OUT of focus and takes blurry pics.

I have tried probably 50 times, with a few different checks... all different lighting, surfaces, distances, etc. Would not work ONCE on my Droid 1.

Meanwhile, the regular camera app can take a perfectly clear picture... so this is obviously fixable by Chase. They need to let us manually focus instead of limiting us to autofocus only.

plastic_fork

Reaction score
People,

This is not about your phones or cameras on them.

When I use the camera app to take the same check's picture all works OK (if you pay attention you will notice the standard camera app takes picture a bit differently: it lets you lock the focus, and then press the button further to take it if you like how it looks). Chase app does not have the "step 1". It chooses the focus and takes picture right away in one continuous sequence.

I beg everyone to e-mail chase customer support about this. I just did. They will only pay attention if they get maybe 100 e-mails with the same problem.

I spent one hour trying to take maybe 30 pics with maybe 10 or 15 different backgrounds and lighting conditions with the same result. I have never been so upset. I never use the "F" word in my speech or forum posts but you see now how upset I am with this apppp... arghhh

bklynite

Reaction score
little trick

I tried the app for the first time today with my droid 1 and after a load of frustration I figured out this little trick

hold the check up so that its facing you. make sure your finger on the hand thats holding the check is visible but not blocking any info, then click

much clearer pics and they went right through. I guess its a focus issue

myriad46

Reaction score
I sent an email to Chase about this issue. They referred me to a phone number, where after a while, I did actually speak to some kind of manager in the tech department. She asked for a bunch of information, had be uninstall and reinstall the app (same problem afterwards...duh). She was going to speak to someone in her "research department" and call me back. I'll update when she does.

Something in the way she was talking gave me the feeling, that unless they hear from a lot of people, they can't do anything. Based on our next conversation, I will let you guys know where you need to call to get this issue moving.

tj1772

Reaction score
I've had good success using this app. Put the check on dark background with plenty of light but not too bright. Hold camera perpendicular to the check. Make sure the check is well inside the frame not too close to the edges. Press shutter halfway and let go and then press all the way to take the picture. I've notice if you just press right away the picture tends to be blurry.

jjf

Reaction score
I've had good success using this app. Put the check on dark background with plenty of light but not too bright. Hold camera perpendicular to the check. Make sure the check is well inside the frame not too close to the edges. Press shutter halfway and let go and then press all the way to take the picture. I've notice if you just press right away the picture tends to be blurry.

How exactly are you pressing the shutter halfway? The app doesn't allow that.

I've tried maybe 100 times, and have never gotten a clear picture with my Droid 1.