Charge or Incredible 2?

tymc

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new phone since my OG droid decided to blow up...I have looked at everything over and over and I have no clue what to get. I've narrowed it down to these 2 devices (I don't like the rest or they're too expensive...) I am IN LOVE with the charges gigantic beautiful display, and the fact that it has 4G (although my area doesn't have 4G right now...It would be nice to have in the future) But I have read several reviews that the phone is quite buggy and slows down a month or so after using it, is this a usual problem or do these people not know how to use the phone correctly? On the other hand I like the Incredible 2's size and good reviews. But I have heard the phone loves to drop calls and has weak signal. I honestly like the Charge a little better just because of the display...but I want a phone that WORKS and isn't going to crash and have to be returned in a few months like my OG droid (refurb off ebay...bad idea) I just want something reliable, consistently snappy and will last me for a good while! 4G isn't a major must have by the way, just a plus. If you've had personal experience with both PLEASE refer me to the better of the 2....Thanks so much~ droid forums rocks!

P.S. I've heard the Charge hasn't gotten gingerbread? Is there a big need for gingerbread or not a big difference? I've also heard the Inc. 2 has gotten the update? is this all true? ThAnKs again!

joggy

Reaction score
It's really your choice. If you can hold out you might wait on the new Nexus that was announced yesterday, otherwise either the Charge or DInc2 would be an OK choice.

While the two DInc2 phones we own did drop calls when the phone was first released last spring, neither has dropped a call since the first Gingerbread update (it's received two since the phone was released). The DInc2 is currently at GB 2.3.4 and is super snappy. Not sure about the Charge.

hth...