Incredible 1 upgrade question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nanllyn, Apr 28, 2011.

1. nanllyn

nanllyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a search and didn't see this so hope I'm not repeating this. I have the original Incredible 1. It has been an awesome phone but now it is not charging right and the battery is getting extremely hot. Also I have a lot of dropped calls but I also live in a concrete block home.
    I am considering upgrading to the Dinc 2 but is it really that much of an upgrade to pay $200? Then there is the Droid Charge to consider. I like the HTC UI but would consider trying another.
    Also I'm not sure if I really need 4G. I am worried about the pricing of the 4G plans and if my phone will be able to connect. (So why pay for service if I can't get it). We have 4G in my area but even my Dinc 1 goes to 1X a lot of the time in my home.
    So the reason for upgrade would be screen size would love 4.3 but would got for 4". Maybe a little faster but that isn't a huge issue for me but maybe I would like streaming videos. Better reception is the main reason for upgrading. Not sure if the new technology gets better signals and therefore I may get a little better reception.
    Any suggestions as to which one to consider? Also would consider the Thunderbolt.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Nancy

2. matt2783

matt2783 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    4G LTE has better building penetration, so you should get better reception with LTE as opposed to 3G. Personally, I'd get the TB. I pefer sense over touchwiz and it has more RAM. It does have pretty dismal battery life though, so you may want to consider that.

3. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'd contact Verizon about getting a warranty replacement first. Might as well try a replacement before you go and spend the money.

4. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Right on! That makes the most sense.