CES 2012 what do you want to see?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ces2012.jpeg

If you are any type of technology geek you're anxiously awaiting CES 2012. January 10-13th technophiles from around the country will gather in Las Vegas to get a first glimpse of all the latest and greatest in smartphones, Ultrabooks, TV's, Graphics Cards, Home Entertainment and more.

So we are asking you, our readers and members, to respond to the poll and discuss what you are excited about. Quad Core's will without a doubt be the hot topic of discussion. Last year it was the Dual Core "beasts" everyone was fired up about. Seems like so long ago doesn't it? The poll is multiple choice so have at it and don't be shy.

Fire a way. What do you hope to see and what are you excited about?

kparks

Reaction score
ces2012.jpeg

If you are any type of technology geek you're anxiously awaiting CES 2012. January 10-13th technophiles from around the country will gather in Las Vegas to get a first glimpse of all the latest and greatest in smartphones, Ultrabooks, TV's, Graphics Cards, Home Entertainment and more.

So we are asking you, our readers and members, to respond to the poll and discuss what you are excited about. Quad Core's will without a doubt be the hot topic of discussion. Last year it was the Dual Core "beasts" everyone was fired up about. Seems like so long ago doesn't it?

So fire a way. What do you hope to see and what are you excited about?

Ive only heard things about tablets.. i hope there are going to be plenty of vzw phones want to see a new htc phone maybe the htc ville

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If I get a chance to go, maybe what the custom iem market has to offer. I'm all for throwing down 500-$1000 for a nice set of customs(if I had the money to use, at least). Plus they do ear impressions free there, if I recall right. At least altec lansing says they will.

Actually, that being said, you guys should check out what companies like Westone, Ultimate Ears, and Altec Lansing have to offer. Westone's UM series has a great deal of praise behind it. Altec has some pretty nice looking customs behind it (and probably very competitive). UE has their custom line too, which is used by many an artist, such as Ludacris.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Windows 8.

The rest of the stuff is pretty meh. Last year my contract was up in March, so I was interested to see what new phones would be out. Plus, I wanted to know more about vzw's LTE coverage.

Now that I have a new phone (Bionic), and LTE coverage I don't really care much.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm interested to see the LG Intel powered smartphone. Curious what it looks like and it's specs.

Goes without saying I will have my eyes on the newest hardware from the Android powered smartphone manufacturers :)

I do want to hear what Microsoft has to say on their way out. Should be an interesting show

kparks

Reaction score
Windows 8.

The rest of the stuff is pretty meh. Last year my contract was up in March, so I was interested to see what new phones would be out. Plus, I wanted to know more about vzw's LTE coverage.

Now that I have a new phone (Bionic), and LTE coverage I don't really care much.

Mine was also but im due for another upgrade around april and i want that htc edge really bad.. But the ville looks good also maybe mwc2012 will have more info.

chadh1

Reaction score
I just bought the nexus, so I am good for 2 years, so don't totally want to know about the latest and greatest smartphone. I am in the market to buy a tablet and possibly a new HDTV, so interested in those items. Oh yeah and I want a new graphics card for my new quad core desktop, the one it came with is OK, but I want better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

dzone67

Reaction score
You said it yourself ma dude! Quad Core Phones!

Sent from a forgotten phone... I mean HTC Thunderbolt.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm interested to see the LG Intel powered smartphone. Curious what it looks like and it's specs.

Goes without saying I will have my eyes on the newest hardware from the Android powered smartphone manufacturers :)

I do want to hear what Microsoft has to say on their way out. Should be an interesting show

U said the same thing about lg comming in the game with the revolution last year and we see how that turned out lol...

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gotta love this time of year! I'm hoping Motorola will have some surprises for us and can't wait to see what new tablets will be unveiled.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You mean a motorola device that is not blurred or locked....:icon_eek:

busab

Reaction score
I'm hoping to seeing more advancements in OLED tech. I would really like to see a super thin 60" OLED TV that is affordable here in the near future.

Or perhaps a newer and better technology?

I'd also like to see better battery technology. As in things that are ready for production and not vapor ware that you read about once and that's the last you ever hear about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
U said the same thing about lg comming in the game with the revolution last year and we see how that turned out lol...

Lol.....I'm still watching and waiting for them to make a move.

Sent from Droid RAZR

kparks

Reaction score
Lol.....I'm still watching and waiting for them to make a move.

Sent from Droid RAZR

They have the resources to make a big wave they must be run by a bunch of morons..

ANDR0lD

Reaction score
Is it just me or has the HTC front been pretty quiet lately...id love to see somethin from them for vzw...maybe a quadcore?...edge?

sent from my Zeus 'Bolt