No Glasses 3D Tech to showcase at CES 2012

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
noglasses3dt.jpeg

With CES 2012 literally right around the corner news of exciting technologies is beginning to hit the webz. 3D technology and the "glasses free" viewing is obviously nothing new but the way people view media will change according to Stream TV Networks. They have announced a new technology called Ultra-D.

Ultra- D is the company’s display technology that can carry out realtime conversion of 2-D to 3-D without the need of special glasses for viewing. What’s more, the technology enables the realtime conversion of 3-D content with glasses to 3-D content without glasses. To add to the appeal the company claims that users will have the freedom to customize the 3-D effect. This will address individual differences in spatial perception and reactions in eye comfort thus alleviating the complaints of 3D eye strain that has made people reluctant to adopt the technology.

CEO Mathu Rajan said this; “Our ultimate goal was to create a solution that addresses existing concerns impeding the adoption of 3-D consumer aversion to expensive glasses, viewer discomfort, variance in individual vision and preference and the slow creation of 3-D content.”

Stream TV Networks plans to unveil Ultra-D at the upcoming CES 2012, from January 10 to January 13. The company’s Ultra-3-D brand includes 3D-enabled TVs, tablets, PCs, smartphones, digital signage and picture frames.

What say you? Would you purchase a handset that featured this technology or are you still going to run as far away from it as possible?

Source: Pysorg

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they should include the technology in computer monitors first, then venture into home tv's and phones.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I'll be at CES this year and will be doing interviews/videos with all the mobile tech. If anyone wants to see specific interviews, pics, videos, or anything feel free to PM me here or email me <USERNAME> @ gmail.com

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I know is I just got my son a 3DS...and its nice. You can turn 3D on n off with a slider, adjust the amount of 3D effect you see. So it isnt that bad. And having it all the way up....it was nice to me. Of course thats all my son plays with now...lol. 7 year old...about to be 8 Dec 31st.