Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Gotta love this time of year! I'm hoping Motorola will have some surprises for us and can't wait to see what new tablets will be unveiled.

I hope they announce the Bionic 2 so I have it in time before next Xmas :)

Also, Apple won't be attending this year. They are planning their own 'event' which is supposed to major, but rumors point to something to do with Itunes. So I don't know how major it could be.

npro1464

Reaction score
I really want to see more about Asus. I like the Padfone concept, and appreciate their Transformer tablets. Supposedly the Padfone, or whatever they put out, will be quad-core. I hope they put out something for Verizon.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the uber-dock for phone and tablet. The base will have docks for both devices and also an HD and optical drive.
That would be the best of all worlds.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
If I get a chance to go, maybe what the custom iem market has to offer. I'm all for throwing down 500-$1000 for a nice set of customs(if I had the money to use, at least). Plus they do ear impressions free there, if I recall right. At least altec lansing says they will.Actually, that being said, you guys should check out what companies like Westone, Ultimate Ears, and Altec Lansing have to offer. Westone's UM series has a great deal of praise behind it. Altec has some pretty nice looking customs behind it (and probably very competitive). UE has their custom line too, which is used by many an artist, such as Ludacris.
All due respect, you should make sure that you have a certified ENT person to your molds, that's vital to getting good customs. I have a set of custom IEMs, I love them. I didn't go all out on my first set, I went with a brand called LIVEWIRES, they're pretty solid, they perform well in the mid range to upper, the low end leaves a lot to be desired, but they weren't anywhere near the price of the UEs that I want.I wouldn't look at Altec Lansing unless they paid me to take them, I've had enough experience with their equipment of all levels and haven't run into anything yet that's superior to anything in it's class. They are the "Beats" of "high" end headphones. I would say for sure that UE, or Westones are good, UE is pretty much the standard. Get a nice set with triple drivers and you'll be in hog heaven with the proper headphone amp and source audio.If you think MP3s sound good, don't buy good speakers or headphones, if you can bare to listen to audio from Pandora, Youtube, Grooveshark or anything like that. Do not buy high end headphones. They only reveal the garbage and compression in those schemes.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I really want to see more about Asus. I like the Padfone concept, and appreciate their Transformer tablets. Supposedly the Padfone, or whatever they put out, will be quad-core. I hope they put out something for Verizon.
Agree it looks incredible.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you think MP3s sound good, don't buy good speakers or headphones, if you can bare to listen to audio from Pandora, Youtube, Grooveshark or anything like that. Do not buy high end headphones. They only reveal the garbage and compression in those schemes.

Don't worry about that, the vast majority of my library is in flac :)
Never knew about altec though.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Is it just me or has the HTC front been pretty quiet lately...id love to see somethin from them for vzw...maybe a quadcore?...edge?

sent from my Zeus 'Bolt

Perhaps HTC is more interested in releasing a few phones that work instead of a new phone every month or 2 that has problems.

kparks

Reaction score
Perhaps HTC is more interested in releasing a few phones that work instead of a new phone every month or 2 that has problems.

What are u talking about lol.. i think ur thinking about motorola..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What are u talking about lol.. i think ur thinking about motorola..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

To be honest both Moto & HTC could try this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i am interested mainly in tablets not being able to upgrade until mid this year .. not that i will buy a tablet with prime on the way ..but i still like looking '

ANDR0lD

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure HTC learned already, the proof is the Rezound. I got an upgrade in July and one in October so I'm game for any quadcores...but definitely will not be buying the first HTC quadcore...ill wait till after the reviews come in this time;)

sent from my Zeus 'Bolt

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Love the padfone concept. Hopefully my next upgrade in 20 months there will be a killer phone/tablet combo because about that time I'll probably be in the market for a laptop "replacement". Figure, too, in 2 years the tablets should rival the power in today's higher-end laptops, if not sooner.

But we'd probably be looking at a quadcore Intel-based tablet so it can dual-boot Windows and run full office apps in mirror mode. I'm not even sure if "quadcore" in the smartphone/tablet space is on par with PC quadcores