CES 2012 what do you want to see?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Love the padfone concept. Hopefully my next upgrade in 20 months there will be a killer phone/tablet combo because about that time I'll probably be in the market for a laptop "replacement". Figure, too, in 2 years the tablets should rival the power in today's higher-end laptops, if not sooner.

But we'd probably be looking at a quadcore Intel-based tablet so it can dual-boot Windows and run full office apps in mirror mode. I'm not even sure if "quadcore" in the smartphone/tablet space is on par with PC quadcores

While that might be true, until Android has real full featured apps like MS Office, OpenOffice and Photoshop, Android tablets will never be equal to today's higher end laptops IMO.

On another note, I would like to see a smaller, high resolution wifi tablet, like a 5 to 5.5 inch 1280x720 tablet. I don't want a phone to always carry that is bigger than my current Inc2, but I want a tablet that I can occasionally take with me and still be relatively small. Something like an upgraded Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. A 5.5 inch would probably be perfect for me.

sublimewade

Reaction score
The xt928 that's now in china. 13 mp camera and h d display. Removable battery. When is ces 2012???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chadh1

Reaction score
The 10th it starts I think. I am sure you can catch most online, but Spike TV and G4 are doing coverage of it too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holograms that pop out if tablets and microwaves with unlocked bootloaders. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

sarreq

Reaction score
QfHD quad-core @ 2ghz tablet with 24 hour battery life, hybrid touch/pen sensor (capacitive/wacom-like [magnetic?]), high signal to noise ratio audio

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wanna see what quad core phones are coming and how they do with battery life, or the claims from manufactures about battery. And maybe this year's theme will be power reduction, wireless charging, power. Last year the theme seemed to be 3D.

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanna see a washing machine we can Rom :p

with a custom recovery. so we can restore white clothes to where they were prior to that red shirt getting mixed in :blink:

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
ASUS Padfone will have to wait until MWS (February) for reveal :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looking back at some of the requests we wanted to see at CES 2012, I am amazed at some of what we considered crazy ideas back then have either come and gone or are on the horizon. Quad core processors are not only considered a norm in a lot of smartphones (including cheap) but we are approaching phones with 8 gigs of Ram.

What tech has amazed you so far?