Case Shopping

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Been looking at what's out already and I'm liking some of the prospects. I dig the Incipio Shine case which isn't for sale just yet but I'm worried that it doesn't have a lip to protect the screen from face down's.

Anyone else rocking a case or order theirs yet?

mattjenn

Reaction score
Just got black silicone from vzw waiting for others cruzerlite said they will have cases soon and I'm hoping otterbox will have one too. I do a lot of outside work.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Looking at photos of the G2, it looks like it might be difficult to have much of a lip because of how close the screen is to the edge. The case can't overlap much at all and if the lip is too high it would make it difficult to access anything on the edge of the screen. I got the Otterbox commuter case for my new HTC One and the lip is pretty high and wide, but I can easily access all of the active screen. With screens going much closer to the edge on some new phones like the G2, it will make if more difficult to design the cases.

JKZ

Reaction score
Just got the incipio feather. I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to cases. I prefer to go naked with my phones but I really can't stand the finger prints on the back of this thing. That's probably my only real complaint with this phone.

Anyway the feather case is perfect, it adds almost no bulk to the phone but it keeps the back looking clean. It fits perfect and feels good in the hand. It's smooth but not slippery, has just a very slight "rubbery" feel to it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130921_145606.png
    ForumRunner_20130921_145606.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 459
  • ForumRunner_20130921_145618.png
    ForumRunner_20130921_145618.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 439
  • ForumRunner_20130921_145627.png
    ForumRunner_20130921_145627.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 460
  • ForumRunner_20130921_145635.png
    ForumRunner_20130921_145635.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 412

todroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures JKZ! Glad you like this case. For me it's always between the Incipio feather and the Casemate Barely There case. Glad at least Incipio feather is available. From the review of this case for other phone on Amazon it seems that the quality has gone down over the years. A lot of people have been recently complaining about the feather case paint flaking off. Do you see this issue (yet)? Also, does the case help with finding the back buttons by feel? And is the screen protected by the side lips of the case when the phone is rested screen down? Thanks again for showing this case.

JKZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures JKZ! Glad you like this case. For me it's always between the Incipio feather and the Casemate Barely There case. Glad at least Incipio feather is available. From the review of this case for other phone on Amazon it seems that the quality has gone down over the years. A lot of people have been recently complaining about the feather case paint flaking off. Do you see this issue (yet)? Also, does the case help with finding the back buttons by feel? And is the screen protected by the side lips of the case when the phone is rested screen down? Thanks again for showing this case.

I'm not sure about the flaking issue, since I just got it today. It looks great for now, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. The case does make initial location of the buttons a little easier because you can feel where the case ends and the buttons begin. The hardest part is still being able to feel the difference between the three buttons. They feel very similar so it is difficult to quickly hit the right one. Although, I am getting better with practice. There is a slight difference in feel between the center button and the other too. Just takes a little time to get used to it I think. As far as the screen being protected when face down, it is very close. I think on a perfectly flat surface, it is just barley not touching the surface. I placed it on a table and shined a flashlight on one side of the phone while looking at it at eye level. I can visualize a very thin strip of light while looking under the phone, so the screen is not touching the table, but it is extremely close. I'd say less than a millimeter. Looking at the lip of the case it does rise slightly above the screen, but not much at all.

todroid

Reaction score
That's good, I suppose. Would not want to jab my face with the case edges that are sticking out. Seems like they were going for very tight tolerances. The combination of the small lip and the fact that the face is a Gorilla Glass 3 should help. Thanks again for the descriptive post.
Just noticed that CaseMate added G2 to their product line, but only with one case for now and that one is still not out yet.
Case-Mate LG G2 Tough Cases (Case-Mate LGG2-TUF), LG G2 Cases | Covers | Accessories | Case-Mate
I'm still hoping for the Barely There case, I may contact them about it.

carpenter

Reaction score
I am wating for incipio case release. Where you guys get them? On Incipio site they not available yet...

OP
Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

JKZ

Reaction score
I am wating for incipio case release. Where you guys get them? On Incipio site they not available yet...

Got the incipio feather from the verizon store. They have it listed on the Verizon website too. It was about $19 with my discount.

WolfR1

Reaction score
Anyone found a decent case\holster combo yet? I haven't seen any.

WolfR1

Reaction score
Thanks but I said 'decent'. :p

That crosshatch case is horrid!

emilioaponte

Reaction score
My LG G2 is dressed with Black Heavy Duty Combat Armor Kickstand Case with Belt Holster by SlickGearsTM. Amazon Store, item price $14.99, shipping and handling $9.99. In my former HTC ONE I used an Otter Box, but no Otter available for LG G2.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk