Recommend an Incredible 2 case I'll love

kgirl91

Reaction score
I'm looking for a case to protect my brand new Incredible 2. I am currently using a cheap rubbery one from one of those mall kiosks, but it doesn't even match up to the ports and it gaps on the sides of the phone.

Requirements:
-The case must either protect the screen with a built-in protector, or not interfere with a standard stick-on protector.

-The case, if rubbery/silicone, must NOT attract lint in any place. It should also fit properly and match up to the ports.

-I would like a lip on the front to protect the screen in the case that the phone is laid face-down. I loved the look of the Incipio Feather cases but apparently they do not have this extra lip for protection. Has anyone used them?

Oh yes- sleek and sexy is very important.

Thanks so much in advance!!

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm looking for a case to protect my brand new Incredible 2. I am currently using a cheap rubbery one from one of those mall kiosks, but it doesn't even match up to the ports and it gaps on the sides of the phone.

Requirements:
-The case must either protect the screen with a built-in protector, or not interfere with a standard stick-on protector.

-The case, if rubbery/silicone, must NOT attract lint in any place. It should also fit properly and match up to the ports.

-I would like a lip on the front to protect the screen in the case that the phone is laid face-down. I loved the look of the Incipio Feather cases but apparently they do not have this extra lip for protection. Has anyone used them?

I have the Otterbox Commuter case and love it.
Amazon.com: OtterBox Commuter-Series Hybrid Case for HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 & S (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

Its a silicone shell with a harder case that wraps around.

To address your points.

1. it has a screen protector included. You have to put it on, but the thing looks like there is not proctector at all. What I mean is its so smooth, its not like its there. i had to hold it at various angles to double check. You can tell if you hold it sideways. Other than that, you would be hard pressed to tell. My coworker who has a Invisible Shield one from Zaggs, was wondering is I had a shield at all.Very easy to install.
  2. Lint. well this is a flaw, as almost all silicones i think will ahve this. I know my corworker's fascinate does. Its not that bad, as the silicone is only visible along the top and bottom, and around the display. It can rub off but its not that big of a deal.
  3. it has a lip. a fairly deep lip, so you should be ok placing it face down. I do to hear the music from the speakers.
  4. ports match up. They have silicone covering them to protect the ports. all the holes are where they need to be. Very good case. I'm pleased.

Pacerguy_Don

Reaction score
I'm an Otter box fan as well.
If you want a little more protection, the Defender is pretty stout. I don't mind the extra size. (a little more bulky than the Commuter) I have large hands, so it fits me well.

The case has a hard plastic shell that totally encloses the phone (it has a felt lining on the back side to hold the phone in place) the screen protector is built into the front half of the case. It doesn't seem to change the colors any or add glare, and has a smooth glass like feel to it.

The Defender also has a rubber outer sleeve that covers the plastic inner "box". It does a good job of not attracting to much stuff. It also has plugs that cover the Usb port as well as the headphone jack. The rubber covers over the volume and the on/off switch work well also.
It also includes a holster that will double as a kickstand. It's pretty stout as well. The phone can be put in either face in or out.

Otter box is also really good to take care of any issues. I recently chipped a corner on the hard plastic inner case (it took a good shot with all of my 260 pounds to do it). Talked with customer service, and two days later a complete new Defender case arrived even though I only needed the front portion of the case. Really good of them to do that.

Check it out..
Amazon.com: OtterBox Defender Case for HTC DROID Incredible S/DROID Incredible 2 - 1 Pack - Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I currently use the innocase by seidio.. i love it. Also it doesn't look as great as a one piece, it's hard plastic which i feel is pretty safe as well as the feel of the case is almost exactly the same as the feel of the incredible's back. It's adds very little bulk but feels sturdy. I highly recommend it if you want a nice sleek/thin case and gives a nice feel to it.

Edit: it does have a small lip as well.

frosty1216

Reaction score

Requirements:

I have the Otterbox Commuter case and love it.
Amazon.com: OtterBox Commuter-Series Hybrid Case for HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 & S (Black, Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

Its a silicone shell with a harder case that wraps around.

To address your points.

1. it has a screen protector included. You have to put it on, but the thing looks like there is not proctector at all. What I mean is its so smooth, its not like its there. i had to hold it at various angles to double check. You can tell if you hold it sideways. Other than that, you would be hard pressed to tell. My coworker who has a Invisible Shield one from Zaggs, was wondering is I had a shield at all.Very easy to install.
  2. Lint. well this is a flaw, as almost all silicones i think will ahve this. I know my corworker's fascinate does. Its not that bad, as the silicone is only visible along the top and bottom, and around the display. It can rub off but its not that big of a deal.
  3. it has a lip. a fairly deep lip, so you should be ok placing it face down. I do to hear the music from the speakers.
  4. ports match up. They have silicone covering them to protect the ports. all the holes are where they need to be. Very good case. I'm pleased.

I agree with this post.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Does the otterbox come apart? I was considering getting it. But more importantly, is the feel anything like the incredible's back?

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Does the otterbox come apart? I was considering getting it. But more importantly, is the feel anything like the incredible's back?
for mine, you can remove the outer hard shell by pulling on the side. Then you pull off the silicone.

So you have two parts, the single piece hard shell, and the single piece silicone.

The outer shell has a texture to it so its not slippery.

jaelmy

Reaction score
I got my Inc2 a couple of weeks ago and order the otterbix commuter a couple of days after. The 2 day it fell flat on the touch screen side and the case didn't help at all a.d my screen shattered. I'd spend the extra money and get the defender.

frosty1216

Reaction score
I got my Inc2 a couple of weeks ago and order the otterbix commuter a couple of days after. The 2 day it fell flat on the touch screen side and the case didn't help at all a.d my screen shattered. I'd spend the extra money and get the defender.

I have the commuter and I love it. It's not bulky and has saved my phone many a time. They do come apart as well. dancedroid

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
is the texture anything like the incredible's back tho? The reason i like the seido surface case is that reason.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're talking about geology.. I hope your answer wasn't a shot at me for asking how it feels.

nikecar

Reaction score
Its not as smooth as the the Dinc2's back. It has more of a texture to it, but only minimally.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I see, thanks for the info. For now since i already bought the seidio i'll stay with it, it's a great case though.