cant install miui

hester233

Reaction score
Ok first off I'm new here as a new member so excuse the rookie questions. I've been trying to install miui threw my phone. So my question is if I can do it how can I download it thanx

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you not download it...or not install it?

Sent from somewhere...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! First question is: Are you rooted?

DroidForums junkie!!

Z

ZeroBarrier

$20 says he hasn't installed a Custom Recovery image.

And to the OP, we need more info to even pretend to understand what the problem might be.

sleeper24

Reaction score
If your not rooted, you can try droidroothelper from the market.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Ok first off I'm new here as a new member so excuse the rookie questions. I've been trying to install miui threw my phone. So my question is if I can do it how can I download it thanx

omg, while installing miui you threw your phone! dear god man.

i'm sure that phone is a vortex or a droid 2......

OP
H

hester233

Reaction score
Rooted using z4root on lfy 1.2ghz love it on og droid. I go to download on the google site but it says download unsuccesfull damm it I want lol

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Well what you have to do First is make sure that you have some sort of "Recovery" either it being Clockwork or SP. You need that first.

Then that being said Create a Nandroid Back up so if something goes Wrong you can revert back to stock or what ever your Running..

If thats all good then With MIUI you need to download D1-MIUI-0.12.3.0.zip
first.. and install that. THEN install the update which is the 0.12.3.2. That should get you up and running..

** Make sure you wipe data and cache after you create your NanDroid back-up**

Dont know if i missed anything.

OP
H

hester233

Reaction score
I have clock recovery. So wat site can I actually download the zip through my phone so I can install the zip?

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
I dont do much downloading on my phone it takes awhile, use a computer it takes a fraction of the time to do..but you could just go onto this thread and click on the link that i gave you then go into the offical MIUI thread and get the 0.12.3.2 link and then download that..

mjh68

Reaction score
I have clock recovery. So wat site can I actually download the zip through my phone so I can install the zip?

Either download astro file manager or Crutchlite downloader. In Astro under preferences check the box that says enable browser downloads.
Then you can download any file so just download from the sticky at top.
Don't forget that once downloaded it will be in a folder marked downloads and you have to long press on the file then move it to the root of the sdcard.
Then just used clockwork recovery to install the zip.

OP
H

hester233

Reaction score
ok so i tried to download it via my phone through the google miui zip and it starts to download and between 30 and 40% it says download unsuccesfull i did the astro method and worked but only till 40% whats the deal lol sorry guys if im being hard headed

Z

ZeroBarrier

For the love of everything that is good in the world...

Just download it through Rom Manager!!! Jamezelle section, it's been there for a while now.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For the love of everything that is good in the world...

Just download it through Rom Manager!!! Jamezelle section, it's been there for a while now.
+1 :)

simple and easy approach, download 0.12.3.0 then select backup rom and wipe /data and let it reboot and install

then once thats all setup download 0.12.3.2 from rom manager which is just a minor no wipe update

Last edited: