Swype vs. Miui

beavis

Reaction score
so i downloaded the newest version of swype today and i cant get it up and running. they made a new activation process that is weird to describe but i cant figure it out with miui. has anyone run into this problem?

they make up deactivate swype by unchecking the box next to it. and then reactivate it but miui doesnt have those boxes..

tu3218

Reaction score
I think at the top where it says current keyboard, represents where the boxes would be check. So to deactivate swype, just make sure its not the current keyboard selected.

tu3218

Reaction score
What part are you exactly getting stuck on? I spent 2 days with issues and finally got it working. Is it the generating license part?

OP
beavis

beavis

Reaction score
yeah exactly! i cant generate the license. i tried rebooting, uninstalling and i cant get it to work. now it just skips the generating license part but actually swyping wont work

*edit: i cant disable swype to get to the next step of generating the license

Last edited:

tu3218

Reaction score
Okay this is what I did
1. delete data and uninstall swypeisntaller and swype.
2. reboot.
3. install swype installer and then swype
4. when message comes up about deactivating swype, hit the home menu and go into settings and then keyboard, select android keyboard for main keyboard.
5. hold menu down an select swype installer, an then generate license. You may have to input your username and password again.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know when Swype will be open again? I want to have this "swype installer" and I signed up and everything but, I don't know...

publicanimal

Reaction score
Do you guys know when Swype will be open again? I want to have this "swype installer" and I signed up and everything but, I don't know...

Do you need a working version of Swype? I'm not a beta tester but that hasn't kept me from using Swype for the last several months.

OP
beavis

beavis

Reaction score
i really do appreciate your help! but its not working for me. idk whats happening

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do you need a working version of Swype? I'm not a beta tester but that hasn't kept me from using Swype for the last several months.

I actually have one. But apparently it updated recently and added the voice option(which I don't even use), but if it updates and adds something I feel I can't live without, I'd like to be able to just install it.
I also found this amazing mod for swype which looks really nice. Working on applying it now.

Ronbo19

Reaction score
I had problems too. Never got the message about generating the license, just 3 options after the install Watch Video, Tutorial and Finish or something. Tried multiple times and after the 5th try I finally got it. On the last install I went into Settings->System->Language and Input Settings->Current Keyboard and nothing was selected, which seemed weird. I selected Swype and it worked. I don't know if it was just luck of the draw on the 5th install or if this actually helped. Previously I just long pressed in a text field and swype was already selected, but had no luck. I kept getting th error "The Swype package you installed is configured for another device...". Apparently this seems to be a widespread problem that isn't only effecting MIUI there are multiple pages on their forum The Swype package you installed is configured for another device.... The worst part is that you can only install a certain amount of times before Swype won't let you install again, ran into this problem previously. Not really fair on their part as people appear to be having these problems with their new version.

musclemilk

Reaction score
It didn't work originally.
Now it does.
word prediction is still off

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

toastedoats

Reaction score
on my second install attempt it generated license ok, now the keyboard is working, but swyping on it does not work