cant install miui

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm a Noob also.

I'm at my wits end. I have tried to install new ROM with no success.
I rooted the phone via the 17-step method presented by MotoCache1. Confirmed rooted by SPRecovery and have the Superuser Permission app.

What's seems to occur after I execute a complete wipe, followed by a cache wipe, is a breakdown in my ROM installing ability. When I select restore, the only file visible is BDS-20101205-0513 which appears to be a backup file in the nandroid folder.

How do i get 0.12.3.0 on the soon-to-be flying D1 from my hotel window?

Thank you in advance, Droid Wizards!

S.A.P.:icon_evil:

OP
H

hester233

Reaction score
thanx guys got it fixed and thanx for the welcome u guys are fast to respond thanx again

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
you are selecting the wrong option in recovery, rename the file on your sdcard to update.zip then in recovery select install /sdcard/update.zip

EDIT:
another option you could do is in your current rom, download rom manager (free version) from the market. then install clockwork mod recovery (do it like 3-4 times, sometimes it doesnt install right the first time) then download rom from rom manager, and make sure you backup and wipe data first. install 0.12.3.0 then 0.12.3.2 over top of 0.12.3.0 without wiping.

Steps you would take:
download rom manager(free) > install clockwork recovery from within rom manager(3 or 4 times) > download this rom from rom manager (0.12.3.0) > backup+wipe > let it install > then in rom manager install the minor 0.12.3.2 update

Last edited:

Reaction score
My phone is rooted but I am a rookie at ROM installs.

SPRecovery is installed and I downloaded D1-MIUI-0.12.3.0.zip and moved it to the sdcard directory. I think I am screwing up the wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and restore procedures.

Does D1.MIUI.zip need renaming to update.zip?

S.A.P.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All zip files on SP have to be renamed to "update.zip" on the root of your SD card (aka: not in a folder). When in recovery, wipe data and cache then scroll down to install. Click "allow update.zip installation" then "install".

SPRecovery is installed and I downloaded D1-MIUI-0.12.3.0.zip and moved it to the sdcard directory. I think I am screwing up the wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and restore procedures.

S.A.P.

DroidForums junkie!!

hoppermi

Reaction score

S.A.P.

See post directly above yours.

Reaction score
Do the files inside D1-0.12.3.0 have to be renamed also or just D1-0.12.3.0 zip file to update.zip?

Last edited:

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

S.A.P.

its been so long since i used sprecovery i honestly couldnt tell you

but if your getting this error

E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

then yes rename the D1-miui file to update.zip

Techno Droid

Reaction score
Sometimes to install miui you have to already be running miui. I have that same problem when I switch from UD & Cyan. It won't even let you download it. But you could always download it on your pc and copy to your sd card. I always flash my backup/miui rom and go from there.

Sent from Steve "Blow" Jobs secret Droid.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sometimes to install miui you have to already be running miui.

This is completely inaccurate and wrong information. Not being able to download the rom from you phone does not mean you have to be running miui to install it.

use rom manager, you should have no issues.

Last edited:

Techno Droid

Reaction score
I always have this problem and when I take them steps it works. Why do we have this problem then? Please explain. Thnx in advance.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I always have this problem and when I take them steps it works. Why do we have this problem then? Please explain. Thnx in advance.

if you are having issues downloading the rom from your phone, try installing astro file manager free (if you do not wish to use rom manager), and enable the browser download feature in preferences for astro. you should then be able to download the rom from your browser.

Reaction score
Here is what I seeing after renaming D1-MIUI.0.12.30.zip to update.zip:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: Can't open/sdcard//update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

1. When I execute "Choose ROM from SD card": get "E:No tar archives found"

2. When I execute "Allow update.zip Installation": get "Installation Aborted"

3. When I execute "Install/sdcard/update.zip (deprecated) get the info under the opening sentence.:blink:http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/blink.gif