Can't get motocast to work with McAfee anti virus.

heavyvino

Reaction score
I can download motocast from the Motorola website, but when I go to install it, it installs steps 1 2, and 3 but when it starts step 4 my anti virus kicks in and says it is a trogan virus. If I turn McAfee off it will install just fine and it works, I tested that it would but when I turn on my anti virus it go away. I tried exempting motocast but no good still thinks it's a trogan.

Have spoken to Motorola 4 times and was told it was above them, they took all kinds of info for the engineers but I still have no motocast.

Any ideas?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Get rid of your antivirus program. Its isn't needed as there are no viruses on android. All it does is slow your phone and cause problems with apps. Search why antivirus software isn't needed for android for better explanations.

This post is Incredible 2!

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
anti virus is on desktop not phone.

Try AVG Free. It uses less resources than McAfee and won't cost you a cent. Read the reviews in PC World and PC Mag. I have Motocast installed on several PC's running AVG and have not had a problem.

OP
heavyvino

heavyvino

Reaction score
Unable to remove McAfee do to the fact that I do bring home work to do on this computer, so McAfee has to stay. I did try exempting the motocast file then installing it, same result. Any other ideas?