Issues with Motocast...

scorpionawz

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been browsing the forums ever since I got my Droid Razr back in December. Since I was an avid Blackberry user, I finally decided to switch to a Droid and this forum has been a lot of help for me to learn the ways of the Droid. I rooted my phone back in February, even experimented with overclocking and never had a problem with the old Gingerbread OS. Ever since the update to ICS, I am having issues with Motocast, so I decided to sign up and ask.

The issue is when I go to set up my Motocast ID, I get a privacy and legal page, I hit "Done" at the bottom, the page flashes and stays...does not proceed to the next step. I was connected to Motocast before the update and did not have any difficulty setting up the first time. I am rooted, Phone is at stock clock setting, and all apps have been defrosted. Either way I am very puzzled, I attempted to follow Motorola's troubleshooting, and tried updating the software but that didn't quiet work. I'd like to have this working again, since I have a large collection of music and movies which are very easy to stream through the feature.

Thanks in advance for the help.

SallyC

Reaction score
I believe the problem is connected to being rooted. From the Motocast support site:

Have you rooted or modified your device in anyway, including removing any pre-installed applications?

If so, then the update will not install. You will not be able to update your device using MotoCast USB.​

I realize you may not be trying to do this via USB but I'm suspicious that being rooted might still be a problem. You could also try things like clearing cache & data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Perhaps someone who is rooted would have more ideas.

OP
S

scorpionawz

Reaction score
Not too sure if being rooted is a problem because I didn't have an issue when I was on the previous OS. But I will try to unroot, and then update.

Also, I followed this guide I found on Moto's website...to which steps 2 and 3 are non existent. I reinstalled the software on my computer and cannot figure out why the options are not available.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm rooted and have never had a bit of problem with Motocast ... none at all. :)

topjimmy

Reaction score
I am not rooted and I have been having issues with Motocast as well. Keep getting this error: "Unfortunately Motocast has stopped"

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
You might want to check to see if its the software on your computer that's acting up. I'm rooted and having trouble with motocast, but I believe it has more to do with the software on my Macbook and not my phone OS. My phone kept telling me "device was offline" even when I was sitting next to my computer with full wireless signal with motocast open on my desktop. I found that uninstalling the computer software and re-installing it helped temporarily. But its starting to kick off again. Has anyone else had trouble with motocast computer software? My computer is a MBP my phone is Droid 4 rooted Stock Rom and Kernel. Let me know if you have experienced any similar issues.

topjimmy

Reaction score
I uninstalled from the computer, rebooted then done a fresh install. It did not fix the problem.

bitsnhoes

Reaction score
I uninstalled from the computer, rebooted then done a fresh install. It did not fix the problem.
then it might be your actual phone. A quick way of finding out is to have motocast running on one computer and then try to log on to the mymotocast website on another computer. If you can see the files of your motocast computer from the computer you logged into mymotocast on, then your computer software is fine. Try removing the app and reinstalling it on your phone. Hope this helps!

OP
S

scorpionawz

Reaction score
Just how do you go about removing the Motocast app and reinstalling it? For a lack of a better technical explanation, Isn't Motocast built in the OS?

The issue with me is, that the computer software is fine, but the app gets hung up on the privacy legal page when trying to setup Motocast with my account.

SallyC

Reaction score
Just how do you go about removing the Motocast app and reinstalling it? For a lack of a better technical explanation, Isn't Motocast built in the OS?

The issue with me is, that the computer software is fine, but the app gets hung up on the privacy legal page when trying to setup Motocast with my account.

I believe the only way to reset your Motocast ID on your phone is to do a reset, which is a bit drastic at this point.

This may be a problem with verifying your ID, which is preventing you from logging in on your phone. I would try verifying your MotoCast ID and resetting your password using the following info. If that doesn't fix it, or you're sure that's not it, I would post on MotoCast's forum. There are a few users there who are very helpful and more acquainted with troubleshooting than we (at least I) might be.

From MotoCast's support page:

You will not be able to reset your password until you verify your MotoCast ID. Follow the instructions below to complete verification.
motocast_verification_required.png

Already signed in with your MotoCast ID on another device?
try this first...

Go to the device where you are signed in and select MotoCast ID details in Settings
(Settings > Accounts & sync > your MotoCast ID > MotoCast ID details).

Select Verify email address and follow the instructions to complete verification of your MotoCast ID.
If you do not see the verify email address option...
Check to see if you have ever received a notification on your device to verify your MotoCastID
(slide open the status bar at the top of your device screen).

If you do not see such a notification to tap on, please follow the instructions in the next question.
Not signed in on another device?

You will need the following two pieces of information in order to complete verification of your MotoCast ID.
1) Your MotoCast ID (email address).
2) One of the following:
· The phone number of the phone where your MotoCast ID was last used.
· The serial number of the device where your MotoCast ID was last used.
motocast_id_verification.png

Check your email for your verification email which includes a 4-digit code
motocast_verification_code.png

topjimmy

Reaction score
Well I have removed the app from the computer again and reinstalled. Cleared the cache and done a force stop on the phone. Rebooted the phone and still getting the same error: "Unfortunately Motocast has stopped" I don't care to do a reset because that is a bit drastic. I have checked my login info and all is good there. I can get to all the files shared through my motocast account on the phone. Just the error popping up every hour is annoying.

petersonmlp

Reaction score
I spent a lot of time with the suggestions given here and other forums. The problem was resolved by going to my Droid RAZR, selecting Apps, Motocast, and signing into Motocast (which was my GMail email and password). The upload immediately started. I think this happened after a Android Operating System upgrade last week (3-14-13).