MotoCast Problems...HELP

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So i have the droid razr... previously i had the droid bionic and i had motocast set up on my laptop. I got the razr and deleted motocast and the motorola mobility app off my computer. I then plugged my RAZR up to my cpu and it installed all the drivers and motocast properly. I then signed into my already created account that I had with Motocast. I selected to sync with my computer and i chose the computer that i wanted it to sync to which i have named CLIFF-HP. It then says that it is syncing with my computer. So, it tells me that i can find these files in the picture folder and it will be label motocast uploads. After all the syncing was done i checked my cpu to make sure that all my pictures and videos were in there and only the last 3 videos that i took are in there. I have tried removing motocast and all its files from my computer 3 times now and have removed the motocast account from my phone and still nothing. If i go into motocast settings on my phone and look at sync status it says that like 2000 pics and 58 videos have been synced. I am totally and utterly confused as to why they are not showing up on my computer. If anybody can help that would be great. thanks for your help.

Reaction score
When motocast refers to syncing, it means the files on your computer are available on your phone. Not the other way around.

If you want your videos and pics on your phone to go to your computer you have to make sure instant upload is turned on. And if your phone is not connected to wifi, make sure instant upload is set to upload over mobile data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Excellent explanation, as always, JK!! :yr1:

Rogus

Reaction score
It's an old thread, but it's what comes up in a forum search. On the recent JB update. Motocast will not automatically upload photos when my wi-fi is turned off even though I have I have Auto Backup "ON" in settings and "Download only over WiFi" unchecked in Download settings. Any suggestions?