Gallery & Picasa Web Albums

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by dja1980, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I just bought my wife the Razr for Christmas, and we’re trying to figure out how to get Picasa to sync to her Gallery. On our OG Droids, we had the option under Accounts to sync Picasa Web Albums… I don’t see that option under Accounts on her Razr.

We’ve tried to mess around with the options on the Motocast Gallery… even tried to enter her e-mail address for her Picasa account under the upload options. Am I missing something?

I can see that Motocast is really going to take some getting used to, and I’m not sure that I’m ever going to. Worst case, is there a way to get rid of Motocast and get the original Android/Google Gallery app? I’m starting to wish that vanilla Android was an option on this phone.

2. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    That is rather strange. When you go to settings> accounts> add account> you don't see a "Picasa (gallery)" option?

I'm running stock Razr, that account worked well for me since day one.

Then when you go to stock gallery, click on the "online" button, you should have access to all your web albums.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

#2 todroid, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  3. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Exactly... everything else is under the sync options (Contacts, Gmail, Music, Instant Upload, Google+, Calendar), but not Picasa Web Albums. My mom also got a Razr for Christmas, and we couldn't figure it out on her phone either.

I was thinking that it's because the Razr uses Moto's "Gallery" app instead of the official Android "Gallery" app. Hmmm... now I'm really confused. :blink:

4. gling

gling Member

Ratings:
    +11
    +1 for Accounts>Add Account for Picasa setup.
    Also go to Device Setup>Connect Accounts to get the same account screen.
    A good option to upload pictures and videos to your Picasa account is set up the Quick Upload feature in the Gallery.
    Open the Gallery/Library>Settings> then Quick Upload for Pictures/Videos. To use, tap a picture or video and you'll see a circle with an arrow up in the middle. Tap on that to instantly upload to your chosen account.

5. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Something is fishy, because the options you list are not under accounts. I think you are going too far, into the google account. Can you actually follow the steps that have been provided?

6. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Ah, maybe I did go too far. What I did was opened Setting > Accounts, and then chose the Primary Google account we added to the phone when we first set it up. This takes you to the Sync options for that account.

I'm going off of memory since I don't have her phone in front of me at my office. I'll play around with it more tonight when I get home and see if I can follow the steps you provided.

Just to be clear... you are referring to the system settings and not the app settings, correct? With the OG Droid, we didn't have to add an additional account to sync the Gallery with Picasa. Are you saying that even though we signed in with her Primary Google account when we set up the phone, we have to add the account again somewhere in order to sync with Picasa?

7. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Bingo. It allows you to add a Picasa account even if it's different than your primary google account.

Good luck

8. Androidatic

Androidatic Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Try using Picasa Tool from the Market. It's free and let's you update one, all or any combination of pictures on your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

9. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    That was it... thanks!

I'm so used to signing in with my Google account and having everything linked to that account automatically synced that I would have never guessed to have to add Picasa separately. Thanks again for your help!

10. Leeds

Leeds New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the opposite problem. I don't have a picasa account, I don't use picasa, and I don't ever plan on using picasa.

But ever since the OTA update 2 weeks ago, my droid bionic gives me a daily warning saying that picasa wants to have permission to access my google account. Every fricking day I click on "deny" and every fricking day I am asked again if I want it to have access.

I don't even use the stock album since it is such crap nowadays. I use the old-style "gallery" that I downloaded from the market the day I got my bionic.

So why is this picasa crap so invasive? Do I need to re-root my phone and neuter the crap gallery?

Thanks in advance!

11. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    How did you get the "old-style gallery" app from the Market? I tried to find it, but had no luck. I would still prefer to use Google's stock apps over using Motocast if I could figure it out on the Razr.

Picasa is part of Google, which is why I was confused when my wife's account wasn't automatically synced. I don't know that it's being invasive, but I guess it's like trying to use Android without Gmail... it's there whether you use it or not. We like it because, since Foyo, it stores all our PC photos to the "cloud", and they automatically show up on our phone without using SD space. It's very similar to Google Music, only for photos.

12. todroid

todroid Member

Ratings:
    +6
    No problem, glad to be of help. That's what this forum is all about :)

Search tags for this page

add picasa to android gallery

android 4.1.2 droid bionic webalbums not showing
android gallery picasa
droid google gallery wants to link picasa web albums
droid razr online album
gallery not showing picasa albums
how to sync picasa web albums to android gallery 4.2.1
picasa add ablums to gallery
view online albums droid razr
what is online album on android razr hd