anti virus

kramer56

Reaction score
what should I do if I think i have a virus on my phone? I installed AVG but didnt have the balls to click on the FIX tab when it said it would remove alot of things, now did it mean the actual apps and stuff or just the security things wrong with the apps and stuff? the phone acts so weird very laggy and today I woke up and all my text msgs are gone. I use the go sms and its very goofy and freezing alot, but this morning 1200 texts were gone from my phone started right back to zero on the texting. Should install and run an anti virus on it or not?

jphuntz

Reaction score
There are no known viruses for android, so before you run an AntiVirus app or remove anything, report your issues to the customer service dept. of your phone manufacturer. They'll probably tell you to do a hard reset, which will wipe your phone completely. Most of the time that fixes any issues.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what should I do if I think i have a virus on my phone? I installed AVG but didnt have the balls to click on the FIX tab when it said it would remove alot of things, now did it mean the actual apps and stuff or just the security things wrong with the apps and stuff? the phone acts so weird very laggy and today I woke up and all my text msgs are gone. I use the go sms and its very goofy and freezing alot, but this morning 1200 texts were gone from my phone started right back to zero on the texting. Should install and run an anti virus on it or not?

Using AVG will make your phone run super slow, it's a huge resource hog. Get rid of that. And also get rid of any task killer as well if you have one installed,