Cant Find a wifi tether app that works

Chrisace89

Reaction score
every wifi tether app i find for my droid x doesnt work. Can someone point me in the right direction??
/

OP
C

Chrisace89

Reaction score
when i start wifi tether it says it has started with errors. Also anytime i start this app wifi tether, the wifi tether built into the settings starts and i get the blue wifi tether symbol on top. Should that be happening??

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
when i start wifi tether it says it has started with errors. Also anytime i start this app wifi tether, the wifi tether built into the settings starts and i get the blue wifi tether symbol on top. Should that be happening??

Don't know about the app from the earlier post since the link is dead. However Foxfi does apparently "fool" the
Existing stock Wifi tether tool into thinking it's activated and so it just works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

omar908

Reaction score
The error shouldn't be their but like foxkat said it does trick the stock wifi tether to turn on, did u go to settings and device profile and choose droidx?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

N4UPD

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken PdaNet 3.25 has a WiFi tether option but I've never tried it.I like the lack of dropped data when using USB tether.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

zakee

Reaction score
Droid Tether

You do not need an app to tether. Pdanet works fine but is unneccessary. All you have to do is pair your laptop or tablet with your phone. Connect to it and off you go. I have been doing this for a few months now and it works fine. I had a droid 2 now I have a Razr Maxx and it works great. I do have an unlimited plan with Verizon but no extra tethering plan which costs $30 more. I do not know if they hamstring other types of data plans....

Wont hurt to give it a shot right?