Can't answer call

Tat2

Reaction score
Two times I have not been able to swipe the green call answer key to receive a incoming call......and then after several times just tapping on the screen or trying to swipe to answer call, it brings me directly to the home screen and I have no function to pressing any keys / icons.....Both times this happened I had to do a battery pull as even the power down button would not let me choose to turn off the Droid.

I don't know if this is common or if this is an application that conflicts with the answer call key or whatever else.

Could it be related to installing LockBot (free)....or even installing Dialer One?

Anyone experience this problem?

The following is what I have installed:
Advanced Task Killer
Battery Status Pro
Color Note
Dialer One
Handcent SMS
LockBot (free)
Meebo IM
Profiles
Pandora
Pro Paint Camera
Weather Bug
Quick Tip Calculator

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get rid of advanced task killer and weatherbug as well.

OP
T

Tat2

Reaction score
why get rid of task killer and weather bug as I wouldn't see any of those related to the Droid's dialer/answer function?...or are you saying just get rid of them for disliking the applications?

kalib0y

Reaction score
tat2 did you find out what was the problem? I have dialer one and the mylock also. I havent uninstalled either on but I have disabled the mylock with no sucess. Have you uninstalled dialer one and tried it?

rjax

Reaction score
I'm going to guess LockBot causes the problem. I have a good portion of the apps you have (including Dialer One and myLock), plus a bunch more, and haven't had any problems like this. (I don't have ATK, but have used it in the past... and I don't have Meebo, Battery Status Pro, Color Note, or Quick Tip Calculator.... but none of those four seem like they would affect call answering.)

kalib0y

Reaction score
i just reset the phone, works like a beauty now. just wish I could get rid of the slide to answer and go with a button...

OP
T

Tat2

Reaction score
tat2 did you find out what was the problem? I have dialer one and the mylock also. I havent uninstalled either on but I have disabled the mylock with no sucess. Have you uninstalled dialer one and tried it?

from the list of apps in my original post, I have gotten rid of the advance task killer, battery status pro, and weather bug (switched that to beautiful widgets).....and since then I have not had any problems where I can't answer a call. However when I did the recent update to 2.1 version, I had one time where I couldn't answer the call.

I still have the Lock Bot (free) and also Dialer One and the run on my phone daily causing no problems.

Every other app that I originally mentioned is also still on my phone with no problems other than those that I mentioned that I removed.