Can't answer an incoming call???

rjax

Reaction score
Can't find the way to turn on the feature in mylock for the button.

Is it just me or is the Android Market painfully... painfully... painfully slow?

Are you looking for it in the right myLock application?

He's got 7 apps on the Market -- the one that enables the alternate phone-answering methods is myLock Phone Tools.

slinky

Reaction score
Can't find the way to turn on the feature in mylock for the button.

Is it just me or is the Android Market painfully... painfully... painfully slow?

Are you looking for it in the right myLock application?

He's got 7 apps on the Market -- the one that enables the alternate phone-answering methods is myLock Phone Tools.

Yikes, I am SO confused!!!! LOL. Thanks for leading this horse to water...

PS - When I reboot my phone, myLock does not automatically start.

brosselle

Reaction score
I've had the same problem twice on my new Droid X. Quite frustrating to see an incoming call and not be able to answer it.

GlockG23

Reaction score
This has happened to me a few times,
I have fond that if I want to set the phone down for a while
All I have to do is return the phone to the home screen before
the phone goes into sleep mode
This failure to answer does not happen anymore

Works for me, and hopefully for you to :)

charlied1d

Reaction score
how to overcome phone answering problem

I got this resolved by removing the locking of the phone:
a)settings>location and security- screenlock- shut it off
b)whenever i am going to put the phone in my pocket, and want to prevent it from accidentally pressing a key, i use the physical lock key.
Now, when the phone rings, and the phone is in "physical or timeout generated locked mode", it automatically turns on, and can be answered without 'swiping to unlock'
-----
The problem is a common one. I haven't found a surefire cure but I have noticed that if I don't rush to respond to the phone but allow it to ring a second time the chance of being able to answer the call increases significantly.

My guess is that the o/s is busy processing the phone ringing and (depending on what else is going on at the same time) may have trouble responding immediately to the swipe.

I've found if you give it a couple of seconds, it works more reliably. YMMV, of course.