1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't answer an incoming call???

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by jetman, May 5, 2010.

1. jetman

jetman New Member

I have a brand new Droid literally 24 hours old and is giving me problems. While driving today I got several phone calls and the "green swipe to answer" button would NOT answer the calls a couple times no matter what I tried. A couple times it took 3 or 4 swipes before it answered and twice no matter how I did it, the call went to voicemail. It came from Verizon with the latest 2.1 software version if that makes a difference. I've intentionally kept from installing a bunch of apps until I got a good handle on the phone as it came from Verizon. Are there any alternative means to answer a call, other than the green swipe of the answer button?? Other than that it works perfect and I love it ... so far other than this issue. thanks for your time and help
  2. bakerke2001

bakerke2001 New Member

I have that problem as well
  3. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Me too..and a couple other related as well.
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I think everyone does lol
  5. dorf411

dorf411 New Member

Yup, got my phone this past weekend and I am having the same problem. I made many tests calls to my droid to practice to find the sweet spot on swipe speed and it always wants to bounce back to the left.
  6. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

I preferred the old original swipe that had an arch to it. Made one handed swipes easier and more natural. It does seem to be picky that the swipe stay in a straight line.

I don't think I've ever missed a call over it though, just had to swipe a second or third time.
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

The problem is a common one. I haven't found a surefire cure but I have noticed that if I don't rush to respond to the phone but allow it to ring a second time the chance of being able to answer the call increases significantly.

My guess is that the o/s is busy processing the phone ringing and (depending on what else is going on at the same time) may have trouble responding immediately to the swipe.

I've found if you give it a couple of seconds, it works more reliably. YMMV, of course.
  8. Mule65

Mule65 New Member

I've been told the Droid is a mini-laptop so don't expect it to work like a phone.
  9. jetman

jetman New Member

I expect it act like a phone FIRST and "laptop" 2nd.
  10. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

lol so why would you buy it as a phone?
  11. dorf411

dorf411 New Member

I found a solution on another site, I forgot to copy and paste but here is the gist of what they identified as a solution. When the phone rings press on the green arrow on the left and hold it for a second or two then when the red arrow on the right disappears you will see a small green dot on the right. Slowly swipe to the right and release. Since I tried this method it has worked great.
  12. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

In all reality though, it is a mobile computer first, phone second. The phone functionality is simply an application and modem that runs on the operating system of a mobile computer. That's the nature of "smart phones". They are smart first, phones second.
  13. jetman

jetman New Member

Thanks.. your input is so very helpful.... If you can't add any helpfull information, please go Troll in someone elses thread .....

and dorf411 THANKS!! your input was very helpful and works great!
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  14. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

Ease up, no need to get angry. You actually edited the post to make it more agressive.
  15. jetman

jetman New Member

I actually I edited my earlier post to thank dorf411 for the answer to my problem, and while there I vented. I've since fixed it. I thought this Site was supposed to be a place where guys/girls with a common interest might try and help each other instead of sandpapering them..... yeah it makes me kinda angry. You obviously have tons of experience with these phones and I've had mine a total now of 48 hours. It might be a menial problem to you, but as you see, I'm not the only one that had this issue. Thanks to guys like dorf411 that has some positive input, we can go back to enjoying these "devices" for what they are to each of us. I just happen to NEED a phone for my job, and it's not just a toy. dorf411 with a total of 2 posts answered my question, and with all of your vast Droid knowledge, all you could do to help is debate the phones intended primary function. Thanks
  16. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

Actually, in my first post I agreed with you that it is an annoyance. I'm sorry you felt attacked but do keep in mind that this is a public forum on the internet and there will always be comments that stray from the original subject and there will always be the handicap/difficulty of being able to differentiate between sarcasm and ill intent.

I don't believe Abe's intent was to irritate you, he did start his comment with "lol" after all. Nor was my intent to irritate you. Rather, I wanted to give you some perspective. Yes you need it to be a phone first, but that simply isn't what it is and with that comes sacrifices. Sucks but it's true.

Water under the bridge? :)
  17. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

yea jeez i was just making fun of someone who thought the droid was more a laptop than a phone. we all use it different ways but its still a phone

and its an open forum so u could just chill man. ive helped out numerous people on here so cool ur jets
  18. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I think this is right, because I have never had this problem, but I also never try to answer my phone when it first rings(what's the point in having awesome ringtones if you aren't going to listen to them). And to people getting mad...wow, I would hate to see you in a real world situation, umm can you say sarcasm.
  19. jetman

jetman New Member

my problem's solved, no hard feelings.... it's done
  20. slinky

slinky New Member

I've had the same problem and also put in a post about Android not prioritizing the phone application. This began happening far more often in 2.1.

Get ready for the excuses:
    - It must be a bad application you installed
    - My Droid NEVER has an error. It's perfect. The problem is obviously your Droid
    - Must be the hardware. Get it replaced (which means a lot of us with bad hardware)

My sympathies. It's annoying. It boggles my mind why there is even a swipe instead of a simple button to answer the phone. The entire R&D group responsible must have been smoking something during the process of creating the answer portion of the code.
Search tags for this page
android can't answer call

cant swipe to answer s4

driod mini answering call problem
how to answer a call on droid mini
how to answer a call on moto x phone
how to answer a droid mini
how to answer and incoming call on a motorola droid

how to answer moto x phone call

how to answer phone call with droid mini
how to answer the phone on a droid mini
how to answer your droid mini