1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can you root a droid currently running 2.2?

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by Philbert09, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Philbert09

Philbert09 New Member

My Motorola Droid is running 2.2, and I was wondering if I could still root it. Do I have to "roll back" to 2.0.1 or 2.1, or can I root with 2.2. Thanks for the help!
  2. UNCboy356

UNCboy356 New Member

Yes you should be able to. I had to run a different update on my droid 2.2 because it was having service problems. I loaded another update.zip and it worked fine. Still works fine and has a lot better service.
  3. christim

christim Super Moderator

Look at the 3rd link in my signature. You should be able to use RSD Lite to flash the SPRecovery file on your phone and then install pretty much whatever rom you want from there. Some people have said they have issues being on 2.2 and flashing SPrecovery so the next step would be to go back to a previous android OS like the ese81 sbf file that is rooted. From there you can install a 2.2 rom.
Search tags for this page

root huawei m860 2.2