Rooted 2.1 - 2.2 Unrooted

Eyce

Reaction score
My buddy sold me his droid recently and he had it rooted on 2.1 but when it updated to 2.2 it became unrooted, and now if i try to root it with 2.2 it wont do it, and it also wont unroot. Im using "Universal Androot"

Anyone know how I can fix this? I want to root it on 2.2.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Follow link 2 in my sig. Will get you set up and rooted.

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
Will give it a try! Thank you!

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
By the way, :welcome: to the forum! :)

Thank you very much!

I took a look at the recommended link and..well..it makes me a little nervous. I'll do it if it's absolutely necessary but is there any other option?

My phone seems to think (or at least universal androot) that it's already rooted. I feel like I should be doing something to fix that before doing anything...and then I could just use universal androot to root it.

Why would my phone think it's rooted when it isn't? My friend told me when he updated to 2.2 from 2.1 it must have broken the "root" and now it's just kind of..stuck I guess. It's unrooted but thinks it is.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That link is the only known way to root FRG22D. Any official update will break root, so it's that or nothing. It's a lot scarier looking than it is doing. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
So, even with the situation my phone is in I should be able to leave it alone and do the steps provided in the link and everything will be a-okay?

Also id add that i have superuser on the phone still but it isnt working.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you do what MotoCache1 says, and there are some known issues and solutions in the thread if you run into any problems, you should have your phone rooted in under an hour, with SPRecovery. SPRecovery will let you flash new kernels for overclocking and features, including reduced voltage to save battery life, themes to pretty it up, custom ROMs, etc., as well as making nandroid backups so you can restore your phone's state in case anything goes haywire.

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
Alright well I think I'll give it a try tonight then. Thank you for the help and quick responses! Much appreciated! Excellent community you have here glad I found it!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
We try our best to make this the first and last stop for all your Droid needs, along with our sister forums for the other Android phones and tablets! :)

Let us know how it comes out and we'll try to help if any more is needed.

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
Well I keep getting stuck in RSD lite after pressing start. It keeps failing. It's the error 7100 where it just says Failed Flashing. I tried all the FAQ suggestions and still nothing.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
0x7100 error under Windows 7 usually gets fixed if you move the SBF to the root of your C: drive. If that doesn't fix the problem there might be other solutions.

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
Yeah, it's in the root of my C Drive right now. I also renamed it to MC1.SBF which got the start button to enable but it still fails. Also I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I don't seem to have anything of the window of "File Details" when I pick the file off the C Drive. I've tried deleting the error log too in the RSD Lite folder, Still nothing. Changed it to XP SP 3 Compatability too

OP
E

Eyce

Reaction score
Were you able to figure anything out? I'm still at a loss here.