How to get from rooted 2.2 to stock 2.2

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Today after work I need to get my wifes droid back to stock. If I use rsd to flash back to 2.0.1 will I get an ota to go straight to 2.2 our will I have to manually go to 2.1? If I do have to go to 2.1 manually how do I go about doing do? Thank you on advance for any help.

richardsugg

Reaction score
I've done this once already and am doing it again this morning so I can get the OTA update (I'm assuming I'll get the OTA -- I don't know for sure). Anyway, this is the process you would use. Follow the instructions to the letter, although my X does show up in the device window when the author of this post says his didn't. It all works, though.

OP
MrDizzle

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Is it clear that this is for my wifes droid 1 and not for my x?

richardsugg

Reaction score
nope, not clear at all :) I read your post in a feed reader, so I didn't notice that the actual forum was not for DX. Sorry 'bout that!

droidman101

Reaction score
that's ok thanks for helping anyways

They have the sbf file for the 2.2 FRG22D STOCK on MyDroidWorld - Your #1 Android source! I think its called the Moto Bomb by rootwiki. Use rsdlite 4.6 or 4.7 to flash straight back to stock 2.2 FGR22D.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Id flash it actually to frg01B since the frg22 there isn't frg22D.(I think)
The file is here:
http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf
Credit pete for making searching for sbfs a lot easier, since I pulled that link off his website.
And...tried that link from my droid but got bunch of random symbols, it might be broken :/

OP
MrDizzle

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Is this the identical version as whatever the up to date verizon version is? I need to make everything look normal to send it in for a warranty issue

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Is this the identical version as whatever the up to date verizon version is? I need to make everything look normal to send it in for a warranty issue

Any SBF file is stock and orginal from my experience im gonna have to do this tomorrow cause my warranty replacement is on the way this is my 3rd one so I know a lil about returning to stock

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
MrDizzle

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Lol what issues were you having? Ok thanks everybody I just wsbt to nd she verizon doesn't try to pull abutting when I send them back the phone

OP
MrDizzle

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Thanks alfonso. So it will sebd the 2.1 ota then the 2.2 right after? So you just did this? Sorry to sound nieve but can you give me more details please and thank you

basicfisherman

Reaction score
Following along. I need to do the we thing Friday. Going to be trading my phone for my girlfriends new x that she will be getting when she comes to Verizon. I don't really want to leave it rooted and with a custom rom when they switch numbers at the store. On the flip side I think it will be easier for her to learn on the stock is then a rom so she doest break anything.