problem with 2.2/ROM

cczer91

Reaction score
ok, so i had 2.1 on my droid and installed a custom ROM (BB) through SPRecovery.( I also made 2 backups while on 2.1.) I removed BB by doing a factory reset to 2.2, but i still have superuser permissions. (WHY?) so now my 2.2 build number is FRG01B. i should have the other one (cant recall what it was again..) my question is how do i access my SPRecovery screen so i can get my back up i made in 2.1 so i can reinstall a correct version of 2.2?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, so i had 2.1 on my droid and installed a custom ROM (BB) through SPRecovery.( I also made 2 backups while on 2.1.) I removed BB by doing a factory reset to 2.2, but i still have superuser permissions. (WHY?) so now my 2.2 build number is FRG01B. i should have the other one (cant recall what it was again..) my question is how do i access my SPRecovery screen so i can get my back up i made in 2.1 so i can reinstall a correct version of 2.2?

Factory data reset does not remove super user permissions.

Look in the rescue squad guides for .sbf to root and unroot.

Now to access SPRecovery and your back up you need to turn your Droid off, then boot it while holding down the X key. This will bring up SPRecovery and then you can try reinstalling your back up. If you still have SU permissions then you need to follow the steps in the above mentioned sbf guide.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, so i had 2.1 on my droid and installed a custom ROM (BB) through SPRecovery.( I also made 2 backups while on 2.1.) I removed BB by doing a factory reset to 2.2, but i still have superuser permissions. (WHY?)

You are still rooted thus the SU permissions

so now my 2.2 build number is FRG01B. i should have the other one (cant recall what it was again..) my question is how do i access my SPRecovery screen so i can get my back up i made in 2.1 so i can reinstall a correct version of 2.2?

Press the 'X" and power to boot into recovery, select the restore, select backup, press camera button.

Hope this is helpful.
Mike

OP
cczer91

cczer91

Reaction score
yeah i know how to get into recovery. but the issue is that i reboot into clockwork recovery and i dont want that. i need SPR

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had not realized that you had RM/CW. Open RM, scroll to the bottom and tap the "Flash Alternative Recovery" this will switch the recovery from CW to SPR.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It the area for flashing the alternate recovery grayed out or does the flash fail?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe that means that you already have SPR flashed. I have RM but I keep SPR flashed. I checked and the alternative recovery is grayed out.

When you boot into recovery what is on your screen?

OP
cczer91

cczer91

Reaction score
yeah, im sure it is flashed as well.

when i boot into recovery, i have ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1 at the top. then the options are...
-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-partitions new
-advanced

OP
cczer91

cczer91

Reaction score
no, it didn't work. cant i just delete it of my sdcard? and cant i just reinstall SPR on my current 2.2?