Can you keep connected to WiFi all the time?

daroids

Reaction score
I don't have any mobile data network where I am, so I need to keep connected to my wifi connection all the time to get emails, etc. Unfortunately, everytime my phone goes into sleep mode, it disconnects from wifi shortly after. I set the screen timeout to never, and now I can keep connected to wifi, but the battery wears down way faster because of the screen and I'm afraid I'll burn out my display prematurely. So I keep my phone plugged in to prevent the power loss, but it's way less convenient to do it this way.

Is there some way I can stay connected to wifi, and have the display turn off automatically, like normal/default? I checked most of the settings, but maybe I missed something.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the droid 1 at least, go to wifi settings and then try your phone's menu button. Click advanced settings to see some rather hidden wifi settings...like the ability to keep it always on.

OP
D

daroids

Reaction score
On the droid 1 at least, go to wifi settings and then try your phone's menu button. Click advanced settings to see some rather hidden wifi settings...like the ability to keep it always on.

That worked perfectly! And wow...thanks for the quick response too!

dmartins

Reaction score
Wow never new that.
I was always wondering why it would disconnect every time I locked the screen.
Now I feel dumb for not looking around for those settings.
LOL

freeangle

Reaction score

Yes, there are some hidden wifi settings you have never found before if your phone is not so cheap.

audioscience

Reaction score
Even when I knew about these settings I had a hard time going back and finding them. They really are not obvious but are very helpful.